Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 141718192021222324

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Napoli

I really do hope we sign Enzo. I've checked him out on your recommendation and he certainly does tick a lot of the boxes...
    Is there any rumour that we are indeed interested in him?

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    I really do hope we sign Enzo. I've checked him out on your recommendation and he certainly does tick a lot of the boxes...
    There are some but only on click bait sites. I don't think there's any credible sources linking us with anyone at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    There are some but only on click bait sites. I don't think there's any credible sources linking us with anyone at the moment.
    Not even the Spanish media are linking us with all, and sundry says it all really
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Not even the Spanish media are linking us with all, and sundry says it all really
    Aye. I looked on newsnow. Usually a decent gauge of links but there's literally nothing on there.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    There have been numerous rumours and links including we were actually watching him when we desperately needed a midfielder in the summer and he was available for 9m no fucking surprises there
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    There have been numerous rumours and links including we were actually watching him when we desperately needed a midfielder in the summer and he was available for 9m no fucking surprises there
    You've give him the famous 19x signing kiss of death.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    You've give him the famous 19x signing kiss of death.
    Destined to disappear into obscurity

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Our net spend remains around 14th in the Prem, so Taksin's suggestion is apparently the money magically disappears
    Net spend is an important Barometer of course and FSG could definitely pursue being a little less conservative on the spending front so we don't enter seasons feeling we're "a player short" - however I think we should be careful about it being the only Barometer.

Agent fees for transfers wages, the Nature of our incentivised contracts, agent fees for transfer renegotiations - they all add up.

As indeed does infrastructure. Man United for example have a much higher net spend than us, but have allowed Old Trafford to continue to crumble into a ruin - so much so that there are media articles here and there about the leaky roof, rats and the possibility of a new stadium.

We on the other hand developed the Main Stand, will soon have a redeveloped Anfield Road End and have a state-of-the-art training facility.

Each season is a Battle. But the "War" is forever and we have invested in things that will benefit us over multiple seasons. That's certainly where (some of) the money has gone - when we are able to generate £11m extra per season via the benefit of the developed new stand, we can't say that the money disappeared.

Caveat - we need to spend more on transfers. But the whole FSG/spending debate really needs to welcome more shades of grey than the polarising black-and-white stuff we all have on here. Said as a generality, not "at you" Nineteen - net spend just happened to be a good springboard.