Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Tottenham

Your team v Tottenham

So we can do it in Europe, but not in England. There's a bad Brexit joke to be forged somewhere. Lovely to win.

Now - quite the clash this!

I certainly don't expect a free-flowing game when one considers how Conte sets up.

Losses to Leeds and Forest will haunt us, but a good result here would be one Hell of a shot in the arm. Can we get something from this?

.........................Alisson

Gomez......Konate.....Van Dijk.....Tsimikas

...............Henderson......Thiago

......Salah..........Firmino......Jones

........................Núñez

Gomez isn't great, but I think I would back him to keep it reasonably tight as a right-back if backed by the imperious Ibou Konate.

Torn on Thiago/Fabinho. Half-tempted to pick Carvalho for Jones in truth.

Look forward to your line-ups.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Alisson

Trent Konate Van Dijk Tsimikas

Henderson Fabinho Thiago

Salah Firmino Nunez

Gone with Trent because I've got Hendo at RCM and I just don't think we get nearly enough quality early balls forward or quality switches from Fab or Thiago, they both need hauling into the video analysis room together and given a video nasty of their pressing and counter pressing positions after that tonight too

Nunez at LFWD for this one, really strong options for us at set pieces with Bobby, Virgil, Nunez, Konate and Flabby too, like to see us utilise the switch and long diagonal to Nunez from Hendo and Trent when it's on too, Nunez has the movement to be release in behind by either too as both have released Diaz a number of times, running off the back of the full back and or in behind their RCB or be found onside in behind their full back able to get a shot away ahead of any challenge by their RCB

Edit: Change to Tsimi at LB for his better set piece delivery he demonstrated for both our goals tonight, Robbo needs to up his delivery
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 1st November 2022 at 11:13 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I like that team Nineteen.

Tsimikas quietly had an effective game and I'd be picking him even without the two excellent deliveries from corners - no slight on Robbo.

Alisson
    Gomez Konate VVD Robbo
    TAA Fab Thiago Jones
    Salah Nunez

Subs: Kelleher, Philips Ramsay, Tsimi, Milner?,
    Hendo?, Bajcetic, Elliot, Carvalho, Firmino

Hopefully Hendo and Milner are available. If so I've a man to cut.

Salah with a free role of sorts, Nunez CF

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Alisson
    Gomez Konate VVD Robbo
    TAA Fab Thiago Jones
    Salah Nunez

Subs: Kelleher, Philips Ramsay, Tsimi, Milner?,
    Hendo?, Bajcetic, Elliot, Carvalho, Firmino

Hopefully Hendo and Milner are available. If so I've a man to cut.

Salah with a free role of sorts, Nunez CF
    Did it not register that in all our games we played 2 up, we had zero midfield creativity from Thiago or Fab and when Trent, Hendo and Virgil were looking to release a player wide either side, there was no-one bloody there

2 up top is a shit idea
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Did it not register that in all our games we played 2 up, we had zero midfield creativity from Thiago or Fab and when Trent, Hendo and Virgil were looking to release a player wide either side, there was no-one bloody there

2 up top is a shit idea
    Did you not see the impact Nunez brought tonight. He and Salah link up really well. Both provide pace and goals. Their understanding is developing nicely.

Trent against Son might not be the best idea, Gomez is currently defending more robustly. Trents right foot a good option with Nunez playing CF.

Hendo wasn't on the bench tonight, Milner went off.
    Hopefully one of them is available off the bench.

Alisson

Gomez
    Konaté
    VVD
    Robbo

Henderson
    Fabinho
    Thiago

Salah
    Núñez
    Jones

That I believe to be our strongest fit 11, though we could do better than 5 of them.

Over to you FSG

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Alisson

Gomez
    Konaté
    VVD
    Robbo

Henderson
    Fabinho
    Thiago

Salah
    Núñez
    Jones

That I believe to be our strongest fit 11, though we could do better than 5 of them.

Over to you FSG
    i think Ramsay will feature but maybe as a sub, tbh i'd try TAA in midfield either way and rest Fab. Hard to choose between Jones and Carvalho also

Quote Originally Posted by sydenham red View Post
    i think Ramsay will feature but maybe as a sub, tbh I'd try TAA in midfield either way and rest Fab. Hard to choose between Jones and Carvalho also
    I think Carvalho is and will be a much better player than Jones, I also think he's better than Elliot as he can go either way, Elliot is all left foot and excellent with it but he always comes back inside, especially if playing on the right side. Carvalho as it stands is excellent but I believe he's going to be world-class.

Son is due to be getting eye surgery, so won't feature against us.