Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Tottenham

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Son is due to be getting eye surgery, so won't feature against us.
    Don’t want to tempt fate but that is a big bonus. Is that Kulusevski fella fit ?

All looks like we will be seeing that big time Richarlison thug,

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Don’t want to tempt fate but that is a big bonus. Is that Kulusevski fella fit ?

All looks like we will be seeing that big time Richarlison thug,
    Romero might be back, Richarlison is said to be out (but we'll see) and Conte apparently said that Kulusevski might be after the World Cup - though I haven't watched any of their press conference stuff - nor would I

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Romero might be back, Richarlison is said to be out (but we'll see) and Conte apparently said that Kulusevski might be after the World Cup - though I haven't watched any of their press conference stuff - nor would I
    Aah I see, no doubt Kane will make up for any eventuality with his high diving theatrics. Lord I can’t stand the geezer. Always gets a couple of totally blatant BS decisions go for him,

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Aah I see, no doubt Kane will make up for any eventuality with his high diving theatrics. Lord I can’t stand the geezer. Always gets a couple of totally blatant BS decisions go for him,
    Kane's always a pest.

I'm curious as to how Tottenham approach it. In terms of qualification for the Champion's League (for next season) a draw is probably absolutely fine for them - they don't need to push for a win and can sit off a bit and try to punish any number of the mistakes we have been capable of making lately.

BUT they're at Home.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1640821/Preview/England-Premier-League-2022-2023-Tottenham-Liverpool

The whoscored preview suggests a 352 with their injuries. Kane and Moura up top.

"Prediction:
    Tottenham topped their Champions League group in midweek as they earned a 2-1 win over Marseille.
    Spurs have now won back-to-back matches, but are still starting games too slowly.
    Liverpool recovered from their 2-1 defeat to Leeds with a 2-0 win over Napoli, ending the Italian side's 13-game winning run in the process.
    The Reds have lost three of their last five league matches, and have picked up just two points from their five away matches this season.
    Spurs saw their fine home start to the season ended by Newcastle last month, but will fancy their chances of earning all the spoils on Sunday.

Tottenham 2-1 Liverpool"

We've got to win this game.
    2 points from 5 away games, we're due a win

Quote Originally Posted by trueandred View Post
    I think Carvalho is and will be a much better player than Jones, I also think he's better than Elliot as he can go either way, Elliot is all left foot and excellent with it but he always comes back inside, especially if playing on the right side. Carvalho as it stands is excellent but I believe he's going to be world-class.
    Elliot scored a great goal with his right foot from the outside the other night

Need a result here, or forget about anything the league..

if we don't make impossible four ourselves, I think things will be better after the world cup

but need some results
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

They had a huge game and big win the other night down in the south of France. It must surely have taken some zip outta their legs. We had a dead rubber. Not sure which is better tbh.

Kane will have a say no doubt, Mo will have to do so too for us.

Looks like Romero is out for them until after World Cup.

So no Son, Kulusevski, Romero or the thug Richarlison.

We have to make it count.

It's a massive one.

The difference between being 13 points off them and 7 points off them is pretty huge.

I do have faith that our second "half" to the season will be considerably better, but if we are too far back it will be hard to rescue.

20/21's resurgence has to be the inspiration. We had lost 6 in a row around January if I recall correctly, but we made the climb in the end.

69 points we got that season - amazingly that was enough for 3rd spot.