Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Champions League last 16 draw Monday 7th Nov 11am

Alisson made the save.
    Karius would have fumbled it in.

We have been poor in all our finals. It would be nice to actually go out and win one comprehensively. 2:0 in 2019 but the stats say we were less than stellar and that penalty will always taint it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I wonder if both yous two felt as certain we would beat Real last Summer too..

The reality is - it doesn't matter how much anyone thinks we will win, before or during a game. Stats are stats and the stat that says we never got that same team out before or since is valid - as are the stats that show we didn't play very well with that lineup...and that we had the game all but handed to us courtesy of a very soft penalty after 25 seconds.
    The Origi goal was a great relief but we were hardly hanging on.
    People said we dominated the game in barca cause of the stats, we lost 3-0. Not all metrics are equal.

Guessing most of our failures to see that 11 are around injuries to Alisson, Matip, VVD, Hendo & Fab. Incredible stat, almost unbelievable.

People can say what they like. Liverpool fans can say we dominated Barcelona but that wouldn’t be even close to true. 47 to 53 percent of the ball split and almost the same number of passes. They had more shots on target too. Make no mistake we were well worthy of a draw in Camp Nou though. Losing 3:0 was a freak result against us on the night .

The stats for our final v Spurs however are heavily weighted in their favour.

Almost 3 times the number of successful passes - we didn’t even get to 200 passes. We sat on the early goal. Pragmatic yes. But anyone who would claim we were not all as nervous as hell before Origi scored…. would be well widenof the mark.
    Last edited by Steveo; 10th January 2023 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    People can say what they like. Liverpool fans can say we dominated Barcelona but that wouldn’t be even close to true. 47 to 53 percent of the ball split and almost the same number of passes.

The stats for our final v Spurs are heavily weighted in their favour.

Almost 3 times the number of successful passes - we didn’t even get to 200. We sat on the early goal. Pragmatic yes. But anyone who would claim we were not all as nervous as hell before Origi scored…. would be well widenof the mark.
    I kind of agree with the last part, as said it was a great relief as you never know what can happen in an instant. That said we were able to rely on our defense and grit back then.

Sadly the team has become a fairly pussified version of itself.
    Hendos backheel pass in our own box nearly costing us a goal v Leicester a disgrace, I'd have sent him to train with the youth team for a month.
    And someone should put that hair removal stuff the girls use on their legs in trents shampoo, he's no divock.

So Steveo
    What's your point ?
    Liverpool are shit, and have been for 7 years.
    And winning all those trophies we were shit too?
    And coming second x3 times is it with 90 points a record each time Liverpool were shit too 🤣🤣

But it's the stats innit.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    So Steveo
    What's your point ?
    Liverpool are shit, and have been for 7 years.
    And winning all those trophies we were shit too?
    And coming second x3 times is it with 90 points a record each time Liverpool were shit too 🤣🤣
    I have to say dicko, you do Come across as a bit of a thicko at times.

Why invent an argument? Why imagine what I am saying or my point when it is clear and obvious?

Where have I even mentioned our success in the league at all? I have simply mentioned finals. Finals in which we have performed poorly.

Feel free to argue that point

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    But it's the stats innit.

Ooops… no I think you’ll find it’s “THE stat” Coming second x3 times isn’t relevant.. Aren’t you paying attention? 😂

Serious question Steveo: how many times have you had your nose smashed into your face in the offline world?