Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789

Thread: Champions League last 16 draw Monday 7th Nov 11am

Why is Scouse Scouse..?

Dunno mate.. Encyclopedia Brittanica?

https://www.britannica.com/search?query=Scouse

In the first Cl against Real Madrid we were the better team for 20 minutes. Then out biggest goal scoring threat was carted off with a dislocated shoulder, and our goalkeeper was concussed by an elbow to the head.

That’s as maybe, I imagine most would describe that as having the red glasses on.

As mentioned before it’s natural to have more of the ball when you are losing, yet in the first Klopp Real final we again had only 35% (actually 34%) of the ball. So, bang goes that theory.

The stats in that game seemingly as against us as v Spurs. 5 shots on target for Real against our 2.

Ultimately we cannot say we played well in that game.. can we?

No problem to sound thick if it helps you to understand 🤣
    That's what's so cool about Internet.
    You can cheaply make snide comments about people , when losing an argument or dare I say talking Bullshit.
    Anyway, I tend to stay off of name calling.
    Find that's for kids or unintelligent.
    Boom.

So other teams all around the world never have a bad game ?

Incidentally
    REAL 14 wins 3 times runners up
    (1x v Liverpool)
    Bayern 6 wins 5 loses
    Liverpool 6 wins 4 loses
    Juve 2 wins 7 loses

I'd suggest support Juventus 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    No problem to sound thick if it helps you to understand ��
    That's what's so cool about Internet.
    You can cheaply make snide comments about people , when losing an argument or dare I say talking Bullshit.
    Anyway, I tend to stay off of name calling.
    Find that's for kids or unintelligent.
    Boom.

What snide comments? How else can anyone take your nonsensical questioning of what I can only assume is this comment I made to CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    People can say what they like. Liverpool fans can say we dominated Barcelona but that wouldn’t be even close to true. 47 to 53 percent of the ball split and almost the same number of passes. They had more shots on target too. Make no mistake we were well worthy of a draw in Camp Nou though. Losing 3:0 was a freak result against us on the night .

The stats for our final v Spurs however are heavily weighted in their favour.

Almost 3 times the number of successful passes - we didn’t even get to 200 passes. We sat on the early goal. Pragmatic yes. But anyone who would claim we were not all as nervous as hell before Origi scored…. would be well widenof the mark.

And you come with this drivel? It's not name calling to suggest this comes across as a little bit thick.. It just does.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    So Steveo
    What's your point ?
    Liverpool are shit, and have been for 7 years.
    And winning all those trophies we were shit too?
    And coming second x3 times is it with 90 points a record each time Liverpool were shit too ����
    You are massively exaggerating. One minute the only thing that matters is "THE stat" for a CL final - the next you want to talk about 90 points in the league and finishing runners up 3 times.?? It is you who is talking Bullshit - total bollox in fact. I didn't. anywhere slight our achievements - simply suggested that statistically we were poor v Spurs..and that we haven't been great in any of the finals I have seen under Klopp. Thats' s it... Get over it - you and anyone else who cannot handle an alternative opinion OR reality.
    Last edited by Steveo; 11th January 2023 at 07:18 PM.