Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Other games November 4th - November 6th

Brighton aren't going away either

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Haaland has a goal disallowed by VAR, surely some conspiracy going on?!
    93rd minute penalty ... he's a beast

fucking league. theres no chance anyone else is gonna win it. when Fulham players do stuff like that in the last minute
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Do people actually watch Man City games that aren't -

1. Against Liverpool?
    2. Against a Champion's League side in the knock-outs that might best them?

I can't imagine it yielding much pleasure, but different strokes and all that.

I get pleasure in other teams losing.. especially them bastards. they get helped by the opposition constantly

are you still having pleasure from this season insidious?? your thread at the start of the season about enjoying the season. Doesnt seem to be working, does it?

I'll enjoy the season more if we win tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I get pleasure in other teams losing.. especially them bastards. they get helped by the opposition constantly
    Fair enough. I suppose (for me) they don't lose often enough for it to be a worthwhile investment of my time - but I do appreciate the "kick" when they do lose - their loss in the Champion's League against Real Madrid in such dramatic fashion - and indeed the Tottenham loss when we won number 6 - were both glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    are you still having pleasure from this season insidious?? your thread at the start of the season about enjoying the season. Doesnt seem to be working, does it?
    I'm still enjoying aspects of the season, certainly.

Isn't our most "fun" season with the 4 League draws and 4 League losses of course, but there have been things to enjoy - the sheer chaos of Núñez, Salah's goal against Man City, puzzling over the challenges we face all give me different types of enjoyment.

It would drag if it was like the first half of 10/11 where the playing style is an absolute dredge and some of the time under Rodgers (14/15 for example) was a slog, but with life being so short and precious the undeniable negatives haven't got to me TOO much just yet - though the loss to Leeds on the back of losing to Forest was a bit numbing to say the least!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Do people actually watch Man City games that aren't -

1. Against Liverpool?
    2. Against a Champion's League side in the knock-outs that might best them?

I can't imagine it yielding much pleasure, but different strokes and all that.
    Watch them regularly. It’s like a form of masochism really. I’ve been a fan of pep ball since the Barca days I have to admit though I know it’s not to everyone’s tastes. They are a detestable bunch of cunts though I like Kdb Gundogan and the alien.