Thread: Your team v Derby (League Cup, 3rd Round)

Your team v Derby (League Cup, 3rd Round)

What. A. Result.

Worth remembering we have a game in hand against some sides too. Need to make that count....

The Cup should provide a welcome distraction. I'm keen to field a (relatively) weak side so as to risk as few as possible for the Southampton game. No point risking anything for that fixture as we need to keep the gap between us and the Champion's League spots within single figures before the World Cup break.

..........................Kelleher

Bradley......Gomez.....Phillips.....Tsimikas

.........................Bajcetic

.................Jones..........Frauendorf

.....Elliott..............Blair.........Carvalho
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Kelleher
    Ramsay - Gomez - Phillips - Tsimi
    Bajetic
    Ox - Jones
    Elliott - Conninier - Carvalho

I was looking at a clip on youtube from the other day of the youth team against the Napoli youth team in the youth CL. (A game which we won quite easily by the way), that Ben Doak is going to be some player.
    It got me wondering, with this game against Derby coming up, what happened to Kaide Gordon, and the Polish Messi too. Are they just continuing in the under 21s? Or loaned out, or injured?

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I was looking at a clip on youtube from the other day of the youth team against the Napoli youth team in the youth CL. (A game which we won quite easily by the way), that Ben Doak is going to be some player.
    It got me wondering, with this game against Derby coming up, what happened to Kaide Gordon, and the Polish Messi too. Are they just continuing in the under 21s? Or loaned out, or injured?
    Gordon has had an ongoing pelvic issue which is a shame - don't know the details, possibly growth-related?

Musialowski has come in for a little bit of praise recently, after a spell where his initial promise seemed to have hit something of a plateau. Let's hope he can continue to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Gordon has had an ongoing pelvic issue which is a shame - don't know the details, possibly growth-related?

Musialowski has come in for a little bit of praise recently, after a spell where his initial promise seemed to have hit something of a plateau. Let's hope he can continue to improve.
    I read an article a few weeks ago regarding the Polish Messi. The thought is that he's not defensively switch on at all and that he's more likely to end up in the Ekstraklasa (Polish League) than he is to making it here or elswhere in the Prem. He's struggling to get games for the u23.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I read an article a few weeks ago regarding the Polish Messi. The thought is that he's not defensively switch on at all and that he's more likely to end up in the Ekstraklasa (Polish League) than he is to making it here or elswhere in the Prem. He's struggling to get games for the u23.
    Yeah it's a shame he hasn't fulfilled his initial promise - at one point I held more hope for him than almost all of our youngsters.

Happens all the time in Football.

See how Dion Dublin was swirling his hand around and around seems he was looking for something
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I put the full draw on the match thread