Page 1 of 64 123456781151 ... LastLast

Thread: LFC Up for Sale?

LFC Up for Sale?

David Ornstein

🚨 EXCLUSIVE: Liverpool have been put up for sale by Fenway Sports Group. Sale deck has been produced for interested parties. Goldman Sachs + Morgan Stanley assisting evaluation process. Unclear if deal gets done but FSG inviting offers
    @TheAthleticFC
    #LFC

Didnt see that coming
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Bizarre timing. I can't think of any party out there willing to pay that sort of money out of their own pocket.

If it happens my fear is another leveraged buy out. We won't survive that.

Just saw it on the Athletic. Holy Fook! Prepare to become like Chelsea with buyer drama the rest of the season and Klopp maybe leaving.
    Last edited by 3underpar; 7th November 2022 at 02:07 PM.

So Jurgen has told them without putting some money in, we are dropping like a stone along with the value of your asset and their response is to put the club on the market asap …

Shock

To be fair I’m not that surprised, they were never going to invest enough to keep us at the top of the game and this is almost inevitable before the value of their asset drops.

FSG released a statement (summary below)

They receive interest from 3rd parties to become shareholders in LFC from time to time. Under the right conditions they would consider new shareholders if it is in the best interest of the clun

They are still committed to the club both on and off the pitch

Pure speculation but I suspect FSG will be wanting £3-5 billion. Quite a return on their original investment. I genuinely can't think of what entity or group would just fork out that sort of money.

Do you reckon they realise that FFP will never be enforced so their type of ownership won't be successful in the long run due to their hopes for a super league being dashed?

I think the Newcastle buy spooked them and they are taking their winnings and cashing out. Handsome profit and left the club better than when they bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    FSG released a statement (summary below)

They receive interest from 3rd parties to become shareholders in LFC from time to time. Under the right conditions they would consider new shareholders if it is in the best interest of the clun

They are still committed to the club both on and off the pitch
    Strange statement. Almost suggests they might seek a stake in the club, but also doesn't deny the club is for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    I think the Newcastle buy spooked them and they are taking their winnings and cashing out. Handsome profit and left the club better than when they bought it.
    Hmmm, depends on who buys the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurthers View Post
    Strange statement. Almost suggests they might seek a stake in the club, but also doesn't deny the club is for sale.
    That's how I read it. Possibly selling a stake