Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Qatar world cup selection was based on a 14bn arms deal

Who actually gives a shit about all of this. Ffs. It’s been like this since forever.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Who actually gives a shit about all of this. Ffs. It’s been like this since forever.
    indeed

I must say arms deals, shady corruption, bribes and buyouts make it harder for me to give a shit about our ageing midfield, or Trent's laziness or will we even beat Derby tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    I must say arms deals, shady corruption, bribes and buyouts make it harder for me to give a shit about our ageing midfield, or Trent's laziness or will we even beat Derby tonight.
    I’m more interested in seeing our academy players getting a run out against Derby tonight than watching England in Qatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    It's also to avoid a circular argument

If you say the Americans are evil look at them

and I say, maybe they are just a businessmen doing a good job

and you say

'petro dollar', Russel Brand, Noam Chomsky

you avoid the necessity of discussing whether they are just businessmen doing a good job or indeed a bad job

you could be accused of fearing the discussion as the very discussion forces you to question your initial claim - the Americans are evil
    I would never say Americans are evil. That would not only be bang out of order but also totally false. Most of my idols are American. Vast majority of my favourite music is American. I have so many American mates, and find most American people extremely good natured in fact, far more so than the cold southern English types down here where I live. The types who say one thing and mean another.

I love so much about America. They aren't daft enough to have a monarchy for one. In general I find the US far less hypocritical than this little island on so many issues. But I am not a fan of their free market capitalism, which is forced upon the globe via their ruthless foreign policy. Remember millions of Americans go without the basics, like free healthcare. My sister in New York, has just been diagnosed with breast cancer, like my wife...She has kids but will need prolonged hospitalisation. Her husband asked for some leave - they said sure.. unpaid!! Wow.. that's rough imo. that is disgusting from the richest most powerful nation on earth.

Chomsky was so right. You can criticise current German policies or past abominations, you can call out British imperialism and past abominations, you can show utter disgust at any or all Arab nations and the way their countries are run...And almost nobody will call you anti German, anti British or anti Arab...they accept that you hate that part of what the hierarchy in those nations do and have done. They accept that it is the system you are attacking. Do that with the US and you are anti American.. It's priceless..

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Most of my idols are American. Vast majority of my favourite music is American. I have so many American mates, and find most American people extremely good natured in fact
    They are only permitted to live out their productive lives because of their obedience to the petrodollar so really you're just as much a stooge as those you criticise endlessly

*please note the use of sarcasm in the above sentence*

I think you may have a point..on me at least. I am indeed a stooge, never claimed I wasn't.

Watched 3 episodes of FIFA on netflix. The corruption was unreal. The extension of Qatari soft power through sport was a result of FIFA corruption. That investment in PSG had played a role in pushing great clubs to the brink