Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789

Thread: Wales world cup thread

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    @Hlogi, if the rankings are hiding "lots of mediocre teams" why pick on little old Wales? It's not like they've taken up valuable World Cup spots from other countries for the last seventy years!
    I just apologized. Didn't mean to attack, was an attack for all the European rankings, only 1 direct thread for one of those ranking benefactors. I withdraw my point is made but don't mean to offend the Welsh people as they are lovely humans.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Ranking points for continental tournaments should not account for so much, however with the next WC format though it is bloated it is a fairer allocation for all continents. So rankings will see a more balanced view as the years go.

If I offended any Welsh peeps, sorry was just highlighting that they are not the 19th best team in the world, the same as Belgium are not the 2nd best team. Playing Latvia. Luxembourg, Lichtenstein, Moldova, and all those weak teams really make qualification easy in Europe. Whereas her in Africa you win your group and still had to play 2 knockout rounds, Ghana got to the WC by beating South Africa and Nigeria. Nigeria certainly should be at the WC as well as Ivory Coast. They are better than almost all of the European teams here. Maybe just those in the top 10 are better, and it is a maybe,
    The north African and middle east teams are definitely improving too. China and Russia too are missed on the world stage.
    I think and still hope that football is unifying. Like that England game v Germany in WW1.

@HLOGI

Mind the blood pressure there old bean. That level of saltiness can't be good for the old ticker...

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Never?
    Where do you live?
    But oh that was beauty!
    Seems I'm very familiar with the Dutch National anthem though....Far king Verstappen ....lol

I think Wales best players are washed up and they need a new generation. Unfortunately teams like Wales Scotland and Ireland don't produce very good players too often these days

Butt??...
    England lost 0-4 to Hungary! Quite recently! At Wembley!
    It's Wenglish for mate,buddy or pal...It's the way it is down in the valleys butt...

Where are you based Martymate?

Butt??...
    England lost 0-4 to Hungary! Quite recently! At Wembley!
    "Butt" is a term of endearment.
    Think Buddy... Butty.... butt
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief