Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415

Thread: WC Semifinals

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Well I still like you Ian...
    Happy Christmas to you and yours me aul flower....
    Cheers mate. That Miller one needs watching.

It isn't a semi final but Croatia 2-1 Morocco at half time, not as boring as I thought it would be.

Always good games these, both teams going for it with less pressure. Morocco have played as the home side throughout this tournament - some support they have had

Stone wall penalty not given for Croatia - no VAR what a joke. Don’t see how that isn’t given. Catches his boot mid run… unbelievable

Kovacic misses a sitter

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Well that's not very nice, not much Christmas cheer from you either .
    Merry Christmas Ian and happy new year to yourself and family!

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Yes. The football forum gets the most traction.

I'm not sure the majority of this forums posters are from, or living in Liverpool.

You started a what is woke thread in the football forum, this was moved by a mod to off-topic, as it wasn't related to football directly. Perhaps a title or slant of, wokeness in football, would have not been moved.

Off topic content, as I'd see it, is permitted on the football forum though. With a BLM thread, it touched on football as footballers promoted it and it was adopted by the pl/fa. Though initially it wasn't based in football, it was soon adopted by football.

With the world Cup, and petrodollar threads, here politics is baked into the sporting discussions.
    Vin a mod, asked me about lgbtq posts and my reply was its all the talk in football with the world Cup. So this opens up the forums football discussions by virtue of football itself. Likewise it permitted HLOGI to deride the European rainbow whatever nations, as they brought their islamophobia into the sports in favour of the gays+.
    I was able to discuss the 63% of germanys 400,000 sex workers being foreign born, and the loss of life in the millions from abortion. Highlighting as I see it, the lack of self reflection and criticism that emanates from western Europe as they spread neo-Christianity. Something HLOGI felt was very apt, and not to my surprise as its from listening to non-western/white nations peoples that I hear such viewpoints.

And last recollection off the top of my head, covid was football Forum as it impacted football and was all the talk. Would the league be voided, the impact on match day supporters, home performances, and the risk of vaccines, increased cardiac events at grounds, draconian meaures etc.

It was also against the forum rules I believe for you to start threads with a posters name in it, the idea being iirc not to be calling out posters. Though yours were good spirited in the main.

I've used off topic before and had some long discussions, with Balinkay mostly. He posing more as a skpetic or questioning. A person you suggested left the forum because of me. Which seems at odds with our history on the forum. Think I've only exchanged more private messages with noods over the years.

Steveo and Taksin, who I'd imagine you were also referring to, haven't really been off topic frequenters. Though either can correct my recollection if needs be.
    I find these 2 who are capable of long discussions without much care for their feelings, are worth engaging with in the football forum. Whereas in off topic your stamina seems to be lacking, withdrawing from several discussions and no replies to posts because of your feelings.

Imo your perceived lack of moderation, is actually a credit to the forums moderation. Perhaps having more to say, I'm less inclined to seek others being gagged. And I'm interested in what people have to say even if this forum is a little homogenous in its never a tory composition.

It's a small, quaint part of the net, where anonymous users from around the world are able to speak freely. I hope you are unsuccessful with your wants, though I myself have decided I will reply to Steveo and Eggy (from one of the world cup threads) in the petrodollar one which is filled with long posts around the concept of sportswashing, which centres on the use of sports to allegedly boost one's reputation against one's actual moral value.

There's always the block feature if it's all too much for you to deal with, and simply scrolling past a person's posts is quite an easy task.
    Sorry CCTV
    If I started it in the football forum it was perhaps in reply to such a subject blossoming in the football forum.
    It was correctly moved to off topic if that was the case!

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Sorry CCTV
    If I started it in the football forum it was perhaps in reply to such a subject blossoming in the football forum.
    It was correctly moved to off topic if that was the case!
    No bother just trying to explain it, it came up with the BLM thread at the time iirc. Can't remember who, but that was the rationale.