Alisson
    Gomez Matip VVD Tsimi
    Trent Fabinho Thiago Gapko
    Salah Núñez

Subs:
    Kelleher, Konate, Milner?, Bajcetic,
    Hendo, Keita, Carvalho, Bobby & Doak.

Start Thiago, Hendo deserves a breather on the bench

Whatever we do, Elliot can't be playing in a midfield 3.

Would have made far more sense playing him LWF and Ox in midfield. I don't know why Ox is playing at all tbh. I can't imagine he'll be getting a new contract, I'd rather have seen Doak (or Elliott) get some minutes.

Hard to choose, Hendo was poor, Thiago needs protected in order to be available in the long term and will Fab even he available after paternity leave? I'd guess Keita will start, but the trouble with starting Carvalho or bahjetic also is that those combo's have prob never played competitively together yet. Putting Gakpo straight in or bringing Firming back to the fwd line and leaving Ox free for midfield is another gamble. We're trusting Ox and Keita to give it 100% from now to May with both them and us knowing its unlikely neither will get a contract extension.

I can honesty say as someone who grew up watching the Bees every other week (at their former ground Griffin Park) in the old 3rd division, I never believed I would be fearing a trip to TW8 so much.

Regardless of our form, and yesterday was shocking…Klopp, himself - has the look of a guy who is expecting trouble. It doesn’t suit him. He built this house on an attitude of rock solid belief…Sorry but I just don’t see it. He looks almost beaten down.

For New year I am hoping beyond hope, for nothing more than to be completely wrong on this. We are Liverpool after all and should be more than capable of schooling the likes of Brentford. Let’s put yesterday right on Monday…

A big step would be to give that back four better protection - and as we are all touching on, that midfield needs to improve.

As scary as the runs were of counter-attacking Leicester players, they actually only had two shots on target, one of which was the goal - an opportunity that we laid on a plate for them.

If we can give away as few corners and free kicks as possible, that would help - they're a very physical side. They got a draw against Tottenham recently so they're no mugs.

We need to pick carefully for the left side. Having Ox there with his limited athleticism/pace these days won't cut it and if we don't pose a threat on the left then Salah can get crowded out on the right.

If that sounds a bit too "troubled" then remember we have won 4-in-4 of our recent League games and I think we have won 10 of our last 13 in all comps.

3 points would be great. Would mean we had won (just) over half our League games.

War of Attrition this season.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Whatever we do, Elliot can't be playing in a midfield 3.

Would have made far more sense playing him LWF and Ox in midfield. I don't know why Ox is playing at all tbh. I can't imagine he'll be getting a new contract, I'd rather have seen Doak (or Elliott) get some minutes.
    Agree on both points.
    Ox has the aura of a guy who knew his time was up long ago. It's a waste of a place as he's not contributing very much at all.
    Elliot is good but he shouldn't be starting for us yet in my opinion and we still clearly haven't found his right position.

Brentford will also be playing their third game in quick succession, with a smaller squad and possibly missing their talisman Ivan Toney.
    We should be going there and inflicting our game on them, bring in the fresh legs of Fabinho (he can go back to his new baby straight after) and Konate. Play with confidence and win 3-1.

Absolutely miller, but we should also be able to give a good account of ourselves and even score a goal at home to a very weak Leicester…. in what was arguably the easier of the two games…on paper at least.

Klopp needs to get a reaction to that from last night

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Absolutely miller, but we should also be able to give a good account of ourselves and even score a goal at home to a very weak Leicester…. in what was arguably the easier of the two games…on paper at least.

Klopp needs to get a reaction to that from last night
    We were shite last night and lucky to get the 3 points.
    But we'll take it and move on. Bit of a joke having us playing in London straight after the new year.

Indeed it was a very worrying performance.