Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New Year Weekend Games

Think we all share that emotion but selfishly for us I believe City winning it does the least damage and would surely kick start the debate about state owned clubs?

I wouldn’t put it past UEA FC seeing how things pan out and helping Arsenal over the line. The one thing they can’t take is the heat from discussion about the rights and wrongs of their ownership,

We'll we are being held up to the highest bidder. No doubt FSG wan't there biggest slice of the pie they can get for us.They done a lot of good for this club. But Klopp has made this club what is it. filled their greedy yank hands with blood money.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

We have no doubt looked into getting in midfielders.but we just aint going to pay for them..well theres still a month to go obviously. But we've been down the road before.
    Fabhino/henderson and Thiago. are expected to play the entire season..Keita will just waste his time now until the summer. Thats it we have no one else. 2 players over 30 and 1 close to 30

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    yeah come on Arsenal help us finish a disappointing 4th, I mean thats the goal and a great achievement
    Do you have any hobbies or anything you're passionate about? A lot of people don't (and no judgement for anyone who doesn't) but if you do, you'll know that goals change all the time based on environmental and contextual changes.

In the run-up to 2022 I had a list of rails and stair-gaps I wished to conquer with the Rollerblading. Completing them all would have been difficult, but achievable. Then in December of 2021 I injured a ligament in my knee, to the extent where simply getting in and out of a car was excruciatingly painful - something I have to do between 20 and 30 times per working day. Needless to say, I didn't accomplish the initial list, but with 7 months of Physio and after-care, I can enter 2023 with a (shorter) list of goals and hope to attain some of them, as my knee is functioning almost entirely normally again.

Today, I headed out to a spot to try and see a pretty uncommon Winter visiting bird that I haven't had the fortune of seeing. It's called a Brambling. I went to a specific spot based on a tip-off, prepped with the right kit. Unfortunately I couldn't account for the local farmer working on the field that day and thus Birds not being willing to settle, nor the harsh Weather conditions. Rather than get deflated about it and drive Home feeling I had wasted my day, I decided to look for (and photograph) a Redwing. I succeeded and was pleased about it, even though the hyper-optimistic morning version of myself would have considered that a relative failure versus getting a Brambling shot.

We entered the season with goals in mind. Circumstances have altered our goals for now. We can embrace the journey of trying to accomplish the new goal and find the positives in it (Top Four is a damn better situation for us than finishing 8th and would mean Champion's League football again and maintaining our status as an attractive destination for a lot of players) or we can feel deflated that we aren't winning the League this season - something we have only done once during my conscious memory of following the club.

There's a lens through which to view this season that can keep it enjoyable. It might not be to your liking, nor your first-choice, but I'd really encourage giving it a go rather than feeling that the next 5 months are a waste of your time. The football is meant to be the escape from life's difficulties, not the drudgery. We have a new centre-forward with massive raw potential and an incoming attacking talent. Van Dijk and Alisson are injury-free, the stadium is set to grow and Jürgen Klopp is the Manager.

These are the good times, even if this season isn't the very highest peak. We are still on the Mountain. Try to enjoy the view, as we will one day become a mid-table club again via the law of Averages and look back on this time with fondness.

Totally agree Steveo, I do not want more competition for the best players and that’s what would happen with an Arsenal title win.
    I already detest City, them winning another title changes nothing.

As for Brighton, I do hope they are this bad when they play us, they have been shocking.

Brighton 0-3 Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Do you have any hobbies or anything you're passionate about? A lot of people don't (and no judgement for anyone who doesn't) but if you do, you'll know that goals change all the time based on environmental and contextual changes.

In the run-up to 2022 I had a list of rails and stair-gaps I wished to conquer with the Rollerblading. Completing them all would have been difficult, but achievable. Then in December of 2021 I injured a ligament in my knee, to the extent where simply getting in and out of a car was excruciatingly painful - something I have to do between 20 and 30 times per working day. Needless to say, I didn't accomplish the initial list, but with 7 months of Physio and after-care, I can enter 2023 with a (shorter) list of goals and hope to attain some of them, as my knee is functioning almost entirely normally again.

Today, I headed out to a spot to try and see a pretty uncommon Winter visiting bird that I haven't had the fortune of seeing. It's called a Brambling. I went to a specific spot based on a tip-off, prepped with the right kit. Unfortunately I couldn't account for the local farmer working on the field that day and thus Birds not being willing to settle, nor the harsh Weather conditions. Rather than get deflated about it and drive Home feeling I had wasted my day, I decided to look for (and photograph) a Redwing. I succeeded and was pleased about it, even though the hyper-optimistic morning version of myself would have considered that a relative failure versus getting a Brambling shot.

We entered the season with goals in mind. Circumstances have altered our goals for now. We can embrace the journey of trying to accomplish the new goal and find the positives in it (Top Four is a damn better situation for us than finishing 8th and would mean Champion's League football again and maintaining our status as an attractive destination for a lot of players) or we can feel deflated that we aren't winning the League this season - something we have only done once during my conscious memory of following the club.

There's a lens through which to view this season that can keep it enjoyable. It might not be to your liking, nor your first-choice, but I'd really encourage giving it a go rather than feeling that the next 5 months are a waste of your time. The football is meant to be the escape from life's difficulties, not the drudgery. We have a new centre-forward with massive raw potential and an incoming attacking talent. Van Dijk and Alisson are injury-free, the stadium is set to grow and Jürgen Klopp is the Manager.

These are the good times, even if this season isn't the very highest peak. We are still on the Mountain. Try to enjoy the view, as we will one day become a mid-table club again via the law of Averages and look back on this time with fondness.
    Go bird watch.. I prefer the other birds. Birds and football. if you cant get passionate about Beating every sodding team in the league to the title then i don;t know whats wrong with you.. I hate losing. so does most fans.
    I wanna see Jurgen and lads win the title again. Thats why we need better players especially in midfield. a bit of strength in there. Second third of fourth is not good enough for US.

Brighton pull one back but on the break Martinelli toe pokes the ball through the Brighton keeper who has been suspect for at least two Arsenal goals. Arsenal flying.

Brighton 1-4 Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Go bird watch.. I prefer the other birds. Birds and football. if you cant get passionate about Beating every sodding team in the league to the title then i don;t know whats wrong with you.. I hate losing. so does most fans.
    I wanna see Jurgen and lads win the title again. Thats why we need better players especially in midfield. a bit of strength in there. Second third of fourth is not good enough for US.
    Do you honestly think I enjoy us losing? Or don't wish for the side to succeed? Or lack passion about Liverpool, given that I have nearly 21,500 posts on here?

There are ways to handle set-backs. Life's full of them. I'm encouraging you to enjoy the football as best you can, given how short life is. That does not mean a lack of ambition - merely a case of gratitude for what we have.

VAR denies a 3-4 scoreline...minutes left