Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New Year Weekend Games

Despite better chances for the hosts Sterling puts Chelsea 0-1 up against Forest

Been all Forest in the second half but just not getting the bounce of the ball in the final third.

Then a corner comes in from the Forest left and Aurier takes it on his chest and volleys it in. Well deserved equaliser

Forest 1-1 Chelsea (64 mins)

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Italy use to be a slower pace game. you had time to play slow build up and teams hardly pressed the ball
    In Spain teams didnt even bother against Barca at one point.
    Juve did it because they had Chiellini, Barzagli, and Bonnucci in their prime with excellent wingbacks. They could have easily made life difficult in the Premier League. They were very difficult to score against in the Champions League.

And at Pep’s Barca think of the defenders they had in their prime. Pique and Puyol, with Mascherano and Busquets who could all play CB.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    "I want to be honest, I want to be very clear. I have said this to the club, I have said my opinions. The fans deserve the best. Maybe to stay in 5th is the best. Maybe 6th, 7th, 5th or 4th is the best."

Conte sounds like whatever. Wonder if Spurs will sign anyone this window
    I think he'll be gone in the summer either way. What we did with Chelsea won't be replicated at Spurs even with big signings every window. The guy looks miserable most of the time, maybe trying to engineer a nice payoff/sacking before heading to warmer climes

Chelsea are as bad as spurs at the moment. Suddenly things look quite a bit more positive if this stays as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by sydenham red View Post
    I think he'll be gone in the summer either way. What we did with Chelsea won't be replicated at Spurs even with big signings every window. The guy looks miserable most of the time, maybe trying to engineer a nice payoff/sacking before heading to warmer climes
    Probably right. And why would they give him any money to spend in January if that's the case?!

Yay Forest

Poor performance from Chelsea, Forest were better than they were when they beat us 1-0. Deserved point for the home team.

F/T Forest 1-1 Chelsea

Not the worst start to the year for us. Spurs can be caught and Chelsea are still 3 points behind.

Just got to win all our games!

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    "I want to be honest, I want to be very clear. I have said this to the club, I have said my opinions. The fans deserve the best. Maybe to stay in 5th is the best. Maybe 6th, 7th, 5th or 4th is the best."

Conte sounds like whatever. Wonder if Spurs will sign anyone this window
    He's pissed off there, I like his honesty. Saying they need two 50-70m players every year.
    Basically he's right. If you want to compete and win it needs to be constant investment in the squad to keep pace with City.