Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy New Year

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Same. A lot of people I know had a really underwhelming (or in some cases genuinely dreadful) year.

I tried to close the year on a high by finding a Bird I've never managed to see before - called a Brambling, after a tip-off. As I should have expected (Sod's Law) I had no joy.

Today however I returned to the same area and was very meticulous with the eyes of another Birder to help and BAM! Managed to get it today for the first ever time - a "lifer" as we call it.

Hopefully this weekend (failure followed by success) is a bit of foreshadowing for a better year ahead. I'm elated. The simple pleasures
    Result Sid. Nice one.

Happy new year all!

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Result Sid. Nice one.
    Was a good'un! I'll always enjoy a casual walk even if I see nothing, but getting a pay-off when you put the work in is fab.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Same. A lot of people I know had a really underwhelming (or in some cases genuinely dreadful) year.

I tried to close the year on a high by finding a Bird I've never managed to see before - called a Brambling, after a tip-off. As I should have expected (Sod's Law) I had no joy.

Today however I returned to the same area and was very meticulous with the eyes of another Birder to help and BAM! Managed to get it today for the first ever time - a "lifer" as we call it.

Hopefully this weekend (failure followed by success) is a bit of foreshadowing for a better year ahead. I'm elated. The simple pleasures
    Nice one mate. Sometimes it really is the simple things .

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Nice one mate. Sometimes it really is the simple things .
    It certainly is for me - big believer in the little percentages and how they stack up and life's "little victories" - wish I could transfer the buzz I get out of Nature into other people - it's an incredible feeling.

Happy New year one and all!

I've just recovered enough to post.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    Happy New year one and all!

I've just recovered enough to post.....lol
    From alcohol or the plague?