Page 1 of 46 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Hates Klopp? #2

Who Hates Klopp? #2

Yes, Pep Lijnders is the main man by the looks of it. No wonder JK looks shattered...

https://twitter.com/d_tarczynski/status/1610029091217866752
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

What is that link, mein deutsch is nicht so gut !!

The more Lijnders has been promoted this past year or so, the worse our ability to address problems has become.

Do you reckon he's being groomed as Klopps long term replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    What is that link, mein deutsch is nicht so gut !!
    https://twitter.com/dankennett/status/1610552340825653249?s=61&t=9TT04ZB9RsFb2gPRqpQTcQ

Sorry CCTV, that should be the correct link above^^^

I think somewhere in the club there is the thinking that it will be very very difficult to replace Klopp in two or three years. And Pep Lijnders is the only answer on the horizon at the moment. (Maybe if we are lucky Xabi Alonso becomes the world class manager he could be).
    I really like Pep Lijnders. i think he is more obsessed with tactics and analysis than Jurgen, but that is maybe in his job description. I think he is equal with Jurgen in how how contributes to man management and the great feeling in the squad, especially on the training ground.
    Not sure if the book was a good idea. I haven't read it. Is it a good read, or a bit cringey?

Jurgen Klopp on people questioning his future at the club -

"This is a human reflex, completely normal. It doesn't bother me at all. When times are good, we're always inflated. In bad times there's a lot to be said. I can handle that with ease. No problem!"

"The approach with seven years in Mainz and Dortmund and now seven years in Liverpool is obvious. But if I had noticed that things were going in the wrong direction here even after seven years because of me, I would have been the first to leave."

"I was aware that it is currently a transitional period. That's why the club and I agree that I'll stay behind the wheel and that we'll look at the whole thing in the medium to long term."

Worth bearing in mind we had a season where we lost 6 on the spin - followed by a season where we had a good attempt at a Quad.

Few would have had much faith after the 6 losses in a row in 20/21 - but we pulled it out of the bag. Hopefully we can find a way again.

The flip side is that we fail and we end up outside of the Champion's League spots. It's easy to feel Doom-and-Gloom about that prospect (I'm certainly very nervous of it) but also as a counter we should note that the current League leaders were (if I recall correctly) without Champion's League football in 17/18, 18/19, 19/20, 20/21 and 21/22 - yet now have a decent squad.

Jurgen is our only hope. He is the best thing to happen to this club since Bill Shankly. He shouldn’t need to defend his position

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Jurgen is our only hope. He is the best thing to happen to this club since Bill Shankly. He shouldn’t need to defend his position
    Why are you missing out Bob Paisley?