Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The critique of Klopps tenure..

The critique of Klopps tenure..

I have read so many column inches on Klopps legacy at Liverpool, some of it is probably very fair and some of it is truly laughable.

The failure of many to take into consideration what Klopp inherited at LFC when he arrived, the severe financial constraints he has had to work under throughout his tenure, the teams he has to compete against at the very highest level, namely a Manchester City squad / team described by many as the best in history and a legendary Real Madrid side, and the narrow margins by which he has missed out on so many league titles and Champions League finals.

Despite all the above he has won everything there is to win in a style that truly has made every Liverpool supporter at home and abroad incredibly proud and his legacy can truly be measured by the outstanding memories of some unforgettable players, results and performances, some wonderful trophies, the infrastructure improvements and the fantastic potential of the amazing squad he is handing over to the new Manager…

Any comparison that pundits and fans want to make, between Klopp/ Pep / Fergie etc in many ways its very much like the ridiculous comparisons of Scholes and Gerrard, Scholes won more trophies therefore he must have been a much better player… really.

Like Scholes modestly said himself, I couldn't have done what Gerrard did at Liverpool but I can see no reason why he couldn't have done what I did at UTD..

I rest my case, Klopp sir, I will forever be in your debt…thanx for the memories…

When the dust settles. There is absolutely no critique. Yes even I have had a moan at times but that was just frustration and internet vent.

Jurgen Klopp has given me the best and most consistent time as a Liverpool supporter. I was born early 80s being from South Africa started following Liverpool around 87/88 but we only started having more matches mayne from 94 or so and financially I only started affording to watch 38 games a season about 2004.

So in my entire life as a Liverpool supporter this has been thr happiest time of my supporter life.

Absolutely nothing to be critical of. The last weeks have been terrible, and have skewed the perspective, but only because he made a side over perform in the first place.

We have over performed but at the same time I feel we deserved more silverware, disappointed it's over, spoilt maybe but hey

Absolutely nothing to be critical of during the entire tenure! He does have occasional decisions that are baffling though. One of the best times to be a Liverpool fan - and if it weren't for the state sponsored cheat code of a club, we would have had a couple more titles under him! Let's hope we build on it going forward!

Quote Originally Posted by buck3y3nut View Post
    Absolutely nothing to be critical of during the entire tenure! He does have occasional decisions that are baffling though. One of the best times to be a Liverpool fan - and if it weren't for the state sponsored cheat code of a club, we would have had a couple more titles under him! Let's hope we build on it going forward!
    or if it wasn't for americanss milking the club.....

klopp deserved more.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

An absolute incredible human being

15-20 was brilliant with some incredible evolution to reach the very top of the game

End of 19-20 onwards when the league had already been won & the supposed evolution & midfield devolution began still great but nowhere nearly as good

Far too much breaking of age old written in tablet Liverpool rules & wisdom through the end of 19-29 to now & the attempts at evolution weren’t the right moves for me & they all failed

One word, legendary.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    One word, legendary.
    Captain obvious strikes again

Top red you.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Captain obvious strikes again

Top red you.
    And ye'r a poor imitation.

I wull still tak' it as flattery.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.