Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 388

Thread: Who Hates Klopp? #2

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    21,760
    Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Why are you missing out Bob Paisley?
    Paisley was fantastic - far and away our most successful manager - but Paisley isnít dragging the club out of the mire like Shankly did or like Jurgen has to put them on top.

    Paisley benefitted from that huge awoken giant built by Shanks. Shanks went out at the top of his game and with the club in the rudest of rude health. Shankly built a dynasty which lasted until our club tragedies culminating in Kenny walking out.

    Paisley didnít need to turn doubters into believers - we were already bloody invincible. He steered the ship in the most incredible way any manager ever has BUT the likes of Shanks and Klopp - they transcend mere achievement. They drove the club out of obscurity and put them on their perch.

    Never forget that Sci
    Last edited by Steveo; 4th January 2023 at 09:28 PM.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Paisley was fantastic - far and away our most successful manager - but Paisley isnít dragging the club out of the mire like Shankly did or like Jurgen has to put them on top.

    Paisley benefitted from that huge awoken giant built by Shanks. Shanks went out at the top of his game and with the club in the rudest of rude health. Shankly built a dynasty which lasted until our club tragedies culminating in Kenny walking out.

    Paisley didnít need to turn doubters into believers - we were already bloody invincible.

    Never forget that Sci
    Shanks never won that much considering his longevity as manager , but always close.
    Bob had consistency.
    Never afraid to bring in new players.
    Scouting system was great back then.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    21,760
    Whaaat? He landed here when we were in the old second division mate.

    Seriously.. we were the second club in the city - by a distance too FFS

    Sometimes feels like you are on a wind up. I know you arenít mate but still.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Whaaat? He landed here when we were in the old second division mate.

    Seriously.. we were the second club in the city - by a distance too FFS

    Sometimes feels like you are on a wind up. I know you arenít mate but still.
    I grew up through the Shankly era Steveo.
    I remember it all.
    Bob Paisley was no small part of it and then took over.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    21,760
    Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    I grew up through the Shankly era Steveo.
    I remember it all.
    Bob Paisley was no small part of it and then took over.
    No argument, nobody could say he was a small part of it - our most successful manager - by far - but he didnít build the foundation Sci. He learned almost everything he knew about management from working under the great Shankly. The. He took over when the club was at the very top. Itís very different imo.

    Nobody to quite compare with Shankly in my book. Jurgen is the closest. When you look at what he inherited -what he has been up against - and the timidity of the owners.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    No argument, nobody could say he was a small part of it - our most successful manager - by far - but he didnít build the foundation Sci. He learned almost everything he knew about management from working under the great Shankly. The. He took over when the club was at the very top. Itís very different imo.

    Nobody to quite compare with Shankly in my book. Jurgen is the closest. When you look at what he inherited -what he has been up against - and the timidity of the owners.
    Shanks did not build on the 64/65/66 team.
    Disappointed for the next 6/7?
    With the likes of Alun Evans and Tony hateley and Bobby Graham and jack Witham.
    Only then came Keegan and toshack
    Don't want to argue about such a matter.
    You are entitled to your opinion.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    everywhere and nowhere
    Posts
    4,884
    Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Shanks never won that much considering his longevity as manager , but always close.
    Bob had consistency.
    Never afraid to bring in new players.
    Scouting system was great back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Whaaat? He landed here when we were in the old second division mate.

    Seriously.. we were the second club in the city - by a distance too FFS

    Sometimes feels like you are on a wind up. I know you aren’t mate but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    I grew up through the Shankly era Steveo.
    I remember it all.
    Bob Paisley was no small part of it and then took over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    No argument, nobody could say he was a small part of it - our most successful manager - by far - but he didn’t build the foundation Sci. He learned almost everything he knew about management from working under the great Shankly. The. He took over when the club was at the very top. It’s very different imo.

    Nobody to quite compare with Shankly in my book. Jurgen is the closest. When you look at what he inherited -what he has been up against - and the timidity of the owners.
    Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Shanks did not build on the 64/65/66 team.
    Disappointed for the next 6/7?
    With the likes of Alun Evans and Tony hateley and Bobby Graham and jack Witham.
    Only then came Keegan and toshack
    Don't want to argue about such a matter.
    You are entitled to your opinion.
    Back in the day, not sure when it ceased, the FA Cup was considered a big achievement.
    Shanks won us our first in 1965. Also won first division titles in the 60s.
    Considering we were in the second division when he came here, he achieved a great deal.
    Bob was a superb manager, but in fairness he learned a hell of a lot from Shanks.
    Both men were massive in our history.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    MuineachŠn
    Posts
    10,432
    There's the drop in intensity (compared to last season) right there...

    https://twitter.com/anfieldrd96/status/1610619107241500672?s=46&t=90iTZ0In4aI4ZQaJqUwN9g

  9. #19
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,103
    Shanks remains a hero to me
    Stand to be corrected but
    Shanks was responsible for bringing us into league. 1 from what was league 2
    We had been close the previous season or two
    He sacked the entire squad
    Took a few years then league 1
    Different days they were
    Many players still drinking and doing different jobs too to earn a living.
    Golden years 1963-66
    2 league titles and FA cup.
    Lost semi in Europe to milan 65
    Lost final to Dortmund in 66
    After that?
    It was a bit hard at school.
    Ha ha you lost at the weekend!
    Used to dread going to school after such a weekend.
    Those boys were just waiting.
    Ha ha you lost!
    Shanks never built on that team.
    He loved then all.
    Took him a long time to replace them .
    My friends at school said you keep playing the same team every week.
    I think the fa cup defeat to Watford in 1970 was the turning point for shanks.
    Soon after came tosh and then Keegan and then another league title and fa cup but then he resigned.
    Bob took over.
    Won a title or two every season.
    It is wrong to think that Bob learnt everything from shanks.
    Maybe shanks learnt a thing or two from Bob. Or Joe or Ronnie too.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,103
    Shanks signed Ray Kennedy as a striker from arsenal.
    Bob soon turned him into a master midfielder

Similar Threads

  1. Henderson hates to lose
    By LFC Click in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 4th December 2022, 10:19 AM
  2. Who Hates Mo..?
    By justincredible in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 21st August 2021, 12:32 PM
  3. Who Hates Klopp?
    By justincredible in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 528
    Last Post: 10th July 2021, 06:33 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •