Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2326272829303132333435363738394043 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Hates Klopp? #2

Let’s hope to god he is still here this time next year. We are going to be in hot water if he leaves. The landscape is even worse now than it was at the end of the Rodgers era, Newcastle - Chelsea - City - United - Arsenal all looking stronger than us in the market.

Pretty likely that Klopp’s brilliance has led so many into a false sense of security.

De Zerbi looks the best manager for getting the most out of players now and has his side playing better football than us and uses a number of incredibly well coached tweaks 'in game' rather than throwing the baby out with the bath water

We all want Jurgen to turn it around after the disaster he was last season but for the first time since he arrived, there's an excellent contender to take us on and possibly to greater heights and get more out of the players, should Jurgen fail again, he needs to at least win the Europa League and finish top four this season
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    he needs to at least win the Europa League and finish top four this season
    Achieving both would be brilliant. I think we will manage one or the other, largely because juggling both isn't easy and we have a lot of lads in the team that are closer to 23 than they are to 29/30 so there will be inconsistencies and high-cost mistakes along the way. Wouldn't surprise me if there is an "Adrian v Atletico" style error in the Europa, whether it's Trent letting someone through on goal or Núñez missing a 1-v-1 against a goalkeeper etc but I'm looking forward to the campaign.

If Klopp had not come to Liverpool we'd be talking no Europe no titles trophies etc

I hope Jürgen has some meds ready for Saturday to keep him calm. Referee is Oliver and VAR Tierney. Now is that not the FA just being pure bred cu*ts!

Michael Oliver was one of the few refs i actually trusted. but since baldy pep "thanked him an 100times. over the the Trent incident" hes been less good in the games hes reffed against us.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

The Fabinho error must surely be entirely obvious to all who persistently denied it now, given our already more fluid midfield for the first time since his absence in 19-20 and Mac Allisters midfielders understanding and better passing playing as a non DM No6

3 seasons missing out on the biggest prizes wasted, 4 including the debacle of bringing him back into the side in 19-20 to get us knocked out of the Champions League

Onwards and upwards, it's been far easier to watch with Mac operating at No6, he needs to improve still, but it's calming and reassuring watching an actual midfielder playing the role as it should be

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    The Fabinho error must surely be entirely obvious to all who persistently denied it now, given our already more fluid midfield for the first time since his absence in 19-20 and Mac Allisters midfielders understanding and better passing playing as a non DM No6

3 seasons missing out on the biggest prizes wasted, 4 including the debacle of bringing him back into the side in 19-20 to get us knocked out of the Champions League

Onwards and upwards, it's been far easier to watch with Mac operating at No6, he needs to improve still, but it's calming and reassuring watching an actual midfielder playing the role as it should be
    Think you're over analysing here 19. Just having fit, mobile players in midfield is making all the difference.

As exciting as it is at the moment, I still dont think the balance is right in midfield and we're still massively vunerable at the back but having a midfield with legs is the difference here.

Both Henderson AND Fabinho were fantastic for those peak Klopp years. Their legs had gone for the last few years.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Think you're over analysing here 19. Just having fit, mobile players in midfield is making all the difference.

As exciting as it is at the moment, I still dont think the balance is right in midfield and we're still massively vunerable at the back but having a midfield with legs is the difference here.

Both Henderson AND Fabinho were fantastic for those peak Klopp years. Their legs had gone for the last few years.
    I always loathed Fab being in the line up, he just wasn't a midfielder let alone a top DM, his reading of the game was never that of a midfielder or a DM, nor was his positioning or understanding of who was his man and when he had to stay with them and couldn't reactively just blindly charge to where the ball was, his leaving Casemiro in the 21-22 Champions League final being one of way too many and regular instances his continual errors were very costly or would have been had the opposition exploited the opportunity he presented them with more clinically, so many instances when if he'd just stayed with his man, there was nothing on for the opposition

Mac Allister is really still only bedding in, but positionally, reading, anticipation and understanding of what's on and who his man is and when he can and can't leave him and demonstarting the finer arts of pressing and counter pressing Fab never had, half press to block lines, slow up play let support arrive, blind press, seeing what's on, deliberately appearing not to, then woosh, rapid blind press onto the player as soon as the ball is played to him enabling him to nick it, communication and verbal and visual direction of others and miles better passing

I think we're already benefitting massively from all those things, it was never anything to do with legs, i always found that tired lame excuse bullshit, we'd play younger more mobile players with 'legs' and they'd be even worse, because in pressing and counter pressing it is about game intelligence anticipation reading of the game and consistent excellent positioning of all your players off one another

Teams regularly and i mean regularly targetted Fab and his area to break or transition through with great success i might add and we've been benefitting from that by instead being able to nick it and counter and Mac has been great at doing that, game intelligence makes a massive difference We've also been benefitting greatly from their trying to press Mac as they used to Fab to make him go backwards so regularly so easily, but Mac is regularly smartly turning and playing a good forward ball allowing us to catch the opposition short

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post

Agree. I don't think we're as good as some think. We could easily have lost the Newcastle and Chelsea games and had no complaints at all if we did.
    It's better than it was obviously but defence is an issue and will continue to be I think. Good attacking teams will give us a lot of problems.