Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R I P Gianluca Vialli

RiP 💖 🙏

Touching tribute from Souness. It says a lot that he said "forget about the football"

Probably not the thread to talk about this.
    But I wonder....
    I remember watching a documentary around 2004 Olympics talking about drugs etc in sports.
    Showing East Germans
    USA Athletes
    Canadian
    No names , but you know the ones.
    I'd love to find this documentary.
    I think I watched it on arte channel.
    But like Google does for you to find stuff, it also does the opposite to not find stuff.
    I specifically remember an Italian player seriously ill in his 50s and showing an old team photo , saying how many of his team died early or were ill.
    Also the early 90s many were told by doctors to take 'recovery potions' just after the game.
    Didn't juventus have a scandal around this period ?
    Anyone have the information or video of arte documentary links I'd like to watch it again.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Probably not the thread to talk about this.
    But I wonder....
    I remember watching a documentary around 2004 Olympics talking about drugs etc in sports.
    Showing East Germans
    USA Athletes
    Canadian
    No names , but you know the ones.
    I'd love to find this documentary.
    I think I watched it on arte channel.
    But like Google does for you to find stuff, it also does the opposite to not find stuff.
    I specifically remember an Italian player seriously ill in his 50s and showing an old team photo , saying how many of his team died early or were ill.
    Also the early 90s many were told by doctors to take 'recovery potions' just after the game.
    Didn't juventus have a scandal around this period ?
    Anyone have the information or video of arte documentary links I'd like to watch it again.
    Toni schumachers book also had about how ze germans loved a good doping of their players.....think he got banned over it

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Touching tribute from Souness. It says a lot that he said "forget about the football"
    Yeah I saw that tribute....Gianluca called Souness Charlie in the dressing room at Sampdoria...Pancreatic cancer is a real killer....Took Patrick Swayze out too at 57...Gianluca RIP....

Magistrates have also looked into the high number of Fiorentina players suffering tumours and heart attacks, amid suspicions that performance-enhancing drugs may have had an influence. "Our survey shows a higher than average rate of thyroid, colon, pancreatic and liver cancers among footballers generally," said Guariniello

"performance enhancing drugs"... Lol...

I just remember a general documentary about doping in sports pre olympics 2004.
    Didn't their Greek sprint husband wife get banned just before.
    But specifically the documentary was about east Germans, then about Italy.
    I remember a former player in his home, showing an old photo on the wall of his ex teammates.
    Point saying dead dead dead seriously ill etc. Pretty much 8/11 players on the photo.
    Can't remember the players name or team but was either top division or 2nd in Italy.