Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Premier league games today and weekend 12th Jan 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Total farce and the fact that they are even debating it is laughable. There is simply NO WAY that goal can stand. Rashford affects the entire City back line and keeper. He even shields the ball FFS..

It's a 100% Old Trafford decision and we all know it, or we should. The ref in the studio is doing some gymnastics to try and cover for his colleague.
    Maybe Man City will teach Haaland to do the same thing and chance their arm at getting freebie goals

Oh yes, I don't feel sorry for Shitty at all - they have benefitted so much, but that goal is just beyond ridiculous. I will say it now... We are never getting that given in our favour, doubtful anyone else bar the filth get that one.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    G'wan....
    Assisted old bill heavily in the case of a female assault a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I have to admit I couldn’t see Arteta winning anything at arsenal. Fair play to him… they’ve become a very good team very quickly. It wasn’t very long ago that we were laughing at them!
    Still think we were robbed against the Arse this season.
    Bent fecking officials.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Indeed, nobody could argue with the facts.. but Gini and Mané wanted out. We wouldn’t offer them what they wanted. Perhaps they both saw that the club just wasn’t being run like an elite club. Origi - god love him, finally went in search of game time.

Why did the other 2 want out?
    With Gini & Mane it seems they left for wages, and were left run down contracts due to those wage demands largely.

Casemiro & Ronny in contrast bringing in large fees, capping off their eras with hard cash for Real Madrid, and got good wages moving too.

With Div we could easily enough have cashed in and moved on earlier. Whilst a hero of the Klopp era he was stood lowly on his pecking order.

It's been a tough or weird market in someways, ze pandemic,
    PSG moved to free transfers and big wage offers to manage ffp,
    Barca went bust-ish,
    A superior owners format for European club football - arguments around meritocracy aside - was a better format and failed
    And Real Madrid who've net spent less than us over the Klopp Era ! They've done well enough.

Leeds United back in the PL have outspent Real Madrid over the last 7 seasons....

Real turned a net PROFIT of 13 million over the last 7 seasons
    Leeds net spend 204.4 million
    Lfc net spend 271.4 million

2 successful big clubs operating on low net spends, a small net profit over 7 seasons for Madrid.

Our issue is we haven't done any real midfield business, its stagnated, and we've lost big assets for little of late.

For us Mane, Gini 0 & Origi 0 brought in 32 million - a failure against market values.
    Gini 300kpw and Mane 375kpw at their new clubs respectively by reports.

For them Ronny, Casemiro & Oodegard brought in 220 million

We've Bobby, Keita & Ox out of contract in the summer. That could be 3 leaving on free transfers.
    Potentially 6 lads leaving bringing in 32 Mill. It's bad business, although it seems to have been our strategy and preffered by Klopp.

Moving players on earlier, for fees, or bigger fees, means you're turning over the squad earlier. You'd lose the players earlier, and one of Klopps wants is working with a settled squad.
    Second teams emerging now.

We've a fairly decent squad for Goalkeeper, Defense & Attack. Midfield needs some work.

Hypothetically.......
    Bellingham 105 million & Touchameni 70 million are the 2 big targets "we'd" liked to have added and the squad would look well set presently.

Moving on Sadio etc a season earlier we might well have been able to generate an extra 100 million easily enough.

Adding Touchy & Jude, but losing Ox, Keita and maybe even Bobby prior to 22/23 season began... our squad would be..

Allison Kelleher
    Trent Ramsay Gomez Matip Nat VVD Robbo Tsimi
    Hendo Jude Fab Touchy Thiago Bajcetic Milner Jones
    Salah Elliot Jota Nunez Carvalho Diaz Gapko Doak

See the filthy drew, really got to beat Chelsea and start winning

So good business would be signing up 4 year contracts with 30yo+ on £15m a year £60m 4 years. (Gini + Mane)
    If like you say we should have sold at 28yo , then that would be like a selling club.
    See arsenal in the 00s selling their best players aged around 29yo
    Vieira in 2005 a huge mistake, and bad business.
    Also if we sold at let's say 28yo we'd lose players in that crucial peak, mature age.

On Origi, a cult figure, but really not that good. Tbh. Maybe £15m - £20m , but no suitors were found.

I think you are confused between bad business and running a football club for results and trophies.

Maybe you would have sold Gerrard at 28yo or Dalglish at 28 , or Hansen .
    Zidane at 29yo left juve for a world record €75m to Real.
    Real had 5 years of peak Zidane.

Keita and Oxlade are near failures at Liverpool. (£52m and £35m) I can't remember any consistency in 5 years from keita. Oxlade unlucky injury. Oc

But those "failures" offsett by huge successes Alisson VVD Konate Robbo Fabinho, Salah , Mané, Diaz , and pre klopp Henderson, Bobby. Liverpool have been blessed with a lot of good business.

The key question is are we a selling club?

You mention Ronaldo , he is a one off.
    How many 33yo would sell for over £100m?
    That was good and bad business from juventus. The high price bad (no resale) but good for shirt sales.

Casemiro, man utd paid over the odds. £70m for a 30yo is bad business.

Odegaard, surprising he never really got a look in. When he went to Real, Liverpool were interested too I think.

After that Odegaard was loaned out more or less all his time a real player.
    Now for only £29m Arsenal signed him.
    Bad business from Real, as now he's worth probably x3 that in less than 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    So good business would be signing up 4 year contracts with 30yo+ on £15m a year £60m 4 years. (Gini + Mane)
    If like you say we should have sold at 28yo , then that would be like a selling club.
    See arsenal in the 00s selling their best players aged around 29yo
    Vieira in 2005 a huge mistake, and bad business.
    Also if we sold at let's say 28yo we'd lose players in that crucial peak, mature age.

On Origi, a cult figure, but really not that good. Tbh. Maybe £15m - £20m , but no suitors were found.

I think you are confused between bad business and running a football club for results and trophies.

Maybe you would have sold Gerrard at 28yo or Dalglish at 28 , or Hansen .
    Zidane at 29yo left juve for a world record €75m to Real.
    Real had 5 years of peak Zidane.

Keita and Oxlade are near failures at Liverpool. (£52m and £35m) I can't remember any consistency in 5 years from keita. Oxlade unlucky injury. Oc

But those "failures" offsett by huge successes Alisson VVD Konate Robbo Fabinho, Salah , Mané, Diaz , and pre klopp Henderson, Bobby. Liverpool have been blessed with a lot of good business.

You mention Ronaldo , he is a one off.
    How many 33yo would sell for over £100m?
    That was good and bad business from juventus. The high price bad (no resale) but good for shirt sales.

Casemiro, man utd paid over the odds. £70m for a 30yo is bad business.

Odegaard, surprising he never really got a look in. When he went to Real, Liverpool were interested too I think.

After that Odegaard was loaned out more or less all his time a real player.
    Now for only £29m Arsenal signed him.
    Bad business from Real, as now he's worth probably x3 that in less than 2 years.

On the aggregate of transfers, transfer policy, winning trophies, I don't think you can look beyond Real Madrid presently.

€13 million NET PROFIT over their last 7 years of transfers.
    Decent squad & Many CL titles.

We've net spent 270+ million, nearly 285 more on transfers than Real over the Klopp years.

Moving on players, selling to buy is a part of football. Think I've already shown the costs associated with our results in terms of net spends.

Moving on those 6 a bit earlier, who knows what happens, I've given a hypothetical squad above with 2 midfielders added. Bobby, Keita & Ox moved on.
    In terms of income the difference is obvious.

Our net spend would be zero if we had a squad full enough of surplus talent that we could sell a Coutinho every season and bring in a Virgil, an Alisson and a Fabinho.

We would also be winning titles and trophies at the Real Madrid level.

Our net spend is a joke. We are not Real Madrid. We are Liverpool FC and we made good on one golden goose.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Well we aren't at the moment, or certainly not in the way that Porto, Benfica, Ajax, Dortmund etc are.

Lads like Alisson, Van Dijk, Trent, Robertson, Fabinho, Salah have all stayed.

The Summer could be an interesting test if we don't make the Champion's League spots.