Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier league games today and weekend 12th Jan 2023

Fuck city at the same time. They’ll be calling for pep out this evening.

The media and their support will go into overdrive thinking they can win the PL this season now. It's such a false season though, ourselves hugely and City slightly havr lacked intensity after taking it to the wire last May. The World Cup shutdown means only around half the 38 PL games have been played as we get to mid January. Normally 22 or 23 have been played at this point. Plus the disruption causing all the CL qualifiers to be played in a shorter time period have added to fatigue.
    I'm looking forward to seeing the real Klopp v Pep battle again in a normally structured season next year. Be interesting to see where Arsenal, Newcastle and Spurs do then.

Haaland was absolutely anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Creator Supremes View Post
    The media and their support will go into overdrive thinking they can win the PL this season now. It's such a false season though, ourselves hugely and City slightly havr lacked intensity after taking it to the wire last May. The World Cup shutdown means only around half the 38 PL games have been played as we get to mid January. Normally 22 or 23 have been played at this point. Plus the disruption causing all the CL qualifiers to be played in a shorter time period have added to fatigue.
    I'm looking forward to seeing the real Klopp v Pep battle again in a normally structured season next year. Be interesting to see where Arsenal, Newcastle and Spurs do then.
    I think it’s difficult to see us getting back to anything close to a title challenge without major improvements in midfield. A proper pre season isn’t going to do it at this stage in our lads careers.

2 of them might be in the Europa but Arsenal, Utd and Newcastle have all benefitted from others being in the CL whilst they haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I think it’s difficult to see us getting back to anything close to a title challenge without major improvements in midfield. A proper pre season isn’t going to do it at this stage in our lads careers.
    That's true, although I do seem to still have some faith in us strengthening midfield by arrivals and departures. Klopp is signed up until 2026 now and surely we can't see Hendo,Ox Keita, Fabinho still around until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Creator Supremes View Post
    That's true, although I do seem to still have some faith in us strengthening midfield by arrivals and departures. Klopp is signed up until 2026 now and surely we can't see Hendo,Ox Keita, Fabinho still around until then.
    I was a bit worried by his demeanour yesterday. Very spiky when questioned. Like how are we broke. We’ve not been out splashing the cash in any major way. Quicker the owners sell up the better at this stage.

I was a bit worried by his demeanour yesterday. Very spiky when questioned. Like how are we broke. We’ve not been out splashing the cash in any major way. Quicker the owners sell up the better at this stage.
    Yeah I saw that. Embarrassing to be honest. Stop fucking biting at journalists because the owners have put the block on it.

Why weren't city crap last season ffs.

People here have to start to admit, we need petrodollars to spend big or we will keep this shiiiiteeee