Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier league games today and weekend 12th Jan 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    8 goals and 5 assists for Odegaard this season already. When you think that Real felt he wasn’t up to it - and Casemiro too - you understand what the next level is
    Casemiro bought for 7.5 mill, sold for 70.65 mill and bought Touchyfeely.
    Oodegard bought for 2.8 mill, sold for 33 mill and bought Camavinga.
    Just good business

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Just good business
    The point is about the releasing club. The difference in levels. What that next level looks like. They are releasing players that would make us infinitely better. Players they deem not at the level they require.

We have held onto Keita - Oxlade - Milner and pure lunacy - signed up Hendo to a new contract.

The geezer would be lucky to make the bench on current form in truth.

Thiago the only senior midfield signing since 2018.. All this while letting Gini leave. So a net zero effect on paper and worse - as they age and age and become physically spent. We have behaved like a club that is happy to let the squad get weaker not stronger. Small time. Nothing elite about it apart from the ticket prices.
    Last edited by Steveo; 15th January 2023 at 06:54 PM.

Couldn’t agree more Steveo.

Xhaka plays a perfect ball through to Nketieh whose control is really poor -pub standard - pushing himself wide and allowing Loris to block what should be a 3rd for the Arse.

Just good business
    Tchouameni was bought for £85m
    Camavinga I think a high price too. (£35m 18yo)

Not sure about "good business"
    Very good signings true.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    The point is about the releasing club. The difference in levels.

We have held onto Keita - Oxlade - Milner and pure lunacy - signed up Hendo to a new contract.

The geezer would be lucky to make the bench in truth.
    Just pointing out the great business in selling Casemiro for that fee and their replacements. It's a Coutinhoesque bit of business.

We've done well enough in the other departments. Midfield is a business faiure sadly, and one not exclusively on FSG either.

Just pointing out the great business in selling Casemiro for that fee and their replacements. It's a Coutinhoesque bit of business.

We've done well enough in the other departments. Midfield is a business faiure sadly, and one not exclusively on FSG either.
    It’s decent business but that’s not their MO. They win some and lose some on the book balancing front.

What they are doing is constantly adding quality. They just won the CL and La Liga last term - didn’t stop them wanting to improve. That never ends for the elite.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Come on Sid, 4th place was long gone. Best we can hope for is top half.
    We're not getting 4th, I know.

While there remains a mathematical chance of it I will keep an eye on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kop On Portugal View Post
    If we have only one team fight with us for that fourth spot I will try to believe we can reach Top4, but we have many competitors for that spot and with our current form and with the amount on injuries on our side, Champions League will be a mirage next season. I will try get Europa League and try to win it next season.
    Europa qualification would be ideal.

- Chance to win the only Tournament we haven't under Klopp
    - Gets you into the Champion's League if you win
    - Keeps you attractive to an awful lot of European targets beside the absolute elites
    - Keeps the co-efficient ranking up, which will be useful if we get back into the Champion's League....Man United are the "8th best team in Europe over the last 5 years" (laughable) because they keep having deep Europa runs - which will help their seeding in next season's Champion's League.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Tchouameni was bought for £85m
    Camavinga I think a high price too. (£35m 18yo)

Not sure about "good business"
    Very good signings true.
    All the figures I gave were euros. I've touchyfeely 80 mill and Camavinga at 31 mill. All off transfermarkt

Ghey sold Ronaldo at 33 for 117 million, Barca lost Messi on a free, Mane sold for 32 million at 30

Origi and Gini never sold, left on frees. We cashed in Origi, Mane and Gini for 32 million. That's bad business.