Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Brighton v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    We cant possibly play any worse in the second half, can we?
    That's a failure of imagination, is what that is.
    Last edited by Crimson Dynasty; 14th January 2023 at 04:54 PM.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

I don't think I have seen a half of football as bad in the entire Klopp era.
    Unfortunately our bench looks uninspiring.

Another half without a single shot on target.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Then why the fuck is Klopp playing him? Both he and Naby should be nowhere near the team if they're not renewing their contracts.
    He can't trust Keita. simple has that.. Neither would i to be fair. theres a reason hes not started a single game since he returned from injury 999
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Brighton always are a tough game for us even when we won the league. Not surprised so far, but what is surprising is how bad we are right now. Fab and half this squad is next to useless. If you never saw Liverpool before you wouldn’t know what they are even trying to do.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Just not switched on. None of them are. Our decline isn’t just physical. A lot of lads in poor frame of mind I’d say.
    It's baffling. It's more than just fatigue this. You can't turn this bad so quickly, we are being dominated every game we play.

Getting ripped on Irish tv here.

36% possession says it all, no efforts on target, Brighton with twice as many attempts as us with 3 of them on target

Grief

Pen ruled out, maybe i'm lucky not to have a stream and to be watching, I watched the Cup game v Wolves, we're just not recognisable from the team we were or how we played at our best and that made us such a force

Jurgen and his coaches have lost their way with the team and the supposed evolution has been devolution, it's not fatigue, it's a change from what we used to do, to too much tappy crappy, no runs in behind, no effective press and counter press, too much over playing and playing in front of teams too slowly, positioning all over the place

I'm tired of saying it, we've done it the past 2 seasons, I've moaned extensively, we've then gone back to what worked, with it's effectiveness slightly diminished each time, to then try tappy crappy again at the start of the next season, it's like fucking groundhog day, we only had such a good season last time because we reverted to at least trying to play as we did at our best and because Elliott got injured and didn't ever get back in because we were winning

The Elliott thing is pissing me off, we tried it last season, it didn't work and fucked things up at the start of last season, just as it has been doing this season, last season he got injured and we reverted to what we're best at and what worked and won 2 trophies and played every available game, how THE FUCK do we not fucking learn from that or recognise it? Seriously, how the FUCK? We've now lost all the automation we had on our right that was so effective last season through persisting with Elliott again, the same as we lost all our automation on the left with Mane and Robbo through persisting with fucking about with that in 20-21

It's Fab 19-20 all over again, so obsessed and limited in their view in their status quo and their pipe dream unworkable supposed evolution to see the glaringly obvious that's right in front of their faces
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    36% possession says it all, no efforts on target, Brighton with twice as many attempts as us with 3 of them on target

Grief
    What channel is that on mate ??