As captain**
    Played 15 Won 5 Drew 7 Lost 3 with 2 Assists
    Not captain
    Played 14 Won 4 Drew 3 Lost 7 with 0 Assists

The Klopp era** stats are noticeably better

Thiago
    Played 4 Won 2 Drew 1 Lost 1 with zero assists
    Lost in the same game mentioned earlier January 2021 in FA Cup
    All things being fair and even, you'd really have to compile the stats for them all after the arrival of Alisson and Virgil
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

These stats do not appear to match the incredibly high praise this young man has been the recipient of

He is a fine prospect in danger of being ruined through our use or over use of him and choice of who he plays with to help bed him in and his football education as these are not the stats of a top or even a good midfield player

https://www.premierleague.com/players/114296/Stefan-Bajcetic/stats

"stats" yeah right.. hes seems to be able to mix it physically and hes only 18.. Looks an excellent prospect. but we still need investment in that area of the pitch
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    "stats" yeah right.. hes seems to be able to mix it physically and hes only 18.. Looks an excellent prospect. but we still need investment in that area of the pitch
    He's positionally very poor, reactionary like Fab rather than proactive, reading it, constantly repositioning himself to be where he needs to be and seeing what's coming before it happens, another Fab we do not need, this is my bug bear with how he is being integrated into the team and who he plays alongside, he started a lot better than I've seen him in his last 2 or 3, he's picking up some very bad habits, he's lost the ball in a No10 position trying his show pony little turn trick every opposition player seems to already be wise six or seven times in his last few outings when he's supposed to have been No6 or LCM controller

I know we all want better midfielders, I know it has long been the fashion to absolutely batter all our current midfielders for the last 5 years or more, even when they were winning the Champions League, Premier League and Club World Cup It seems also to be the fashion to laud anyone we see to be potentially replacing any of them well above the merit of their ability or what they bring to the team, even if their presence in the side ahead of the much maligned older guard is detrimental

Mix it physically? He's our only midfielder to have lost more duels than he's won

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He's positionally very poor, reactionary like Fab rather than proactive, reading it, constantly repositioning himself to be where he needs to be and seeing what's coming before it happens, another Fab we do not need, this is my bug bear with how he is being integrated into the team and who he plays alongside, he started a lot better than I've seen him in his last 2 or 3, he's picking up some very bad habits, he's lost the ball in a No10 position trying his show pony little turn trick every opposition player seems to already be wise six or seven times in his last few outings when he's supposed to have been No6 or LCM controller

I know we all want better midfielders, I know it has long been the fashion to absolutely batter all our current midfielders for the last 5 years or more, even when they were winning the Champions League, Premier League and Club World Cup It seems also to be the fashion to laud anyone we see to be potentially replacing any of them well above the merit of their ability or what they bring to the team, even if their presence in the side ahead of the much maligned older guard is detrimental

Mix it physically? He's our only midfielder to have lost more duels than he's won
    the first line did it for me. didnt read it after that.. moving on

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post

Yea but Hendo has lost almost as many duels as he has won 36/33 so it's a strange one to be highlighting..

In fact Henderson has made the huge sum total of 4 Successful 50/50s so far this season in 23 apps.

Bajcetic has made 7 in less than half the amount of minutes

Also Bajcetic has won more duels than Hendo in less than half the minutes..

So... ???

BTW - your nemesis Thiago has won 100/70 duels

AND has won 20 Successful 50/50s so far this season also in less minutes (only just) played than Hendo

At the start of the season Henderson made at least 4 errors that caused us to lose points. whether a defeat or draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yea but Hendo has lost almost as many duels as he has won 36/33 so it's a strange one to be highlighting..

In fact Henderson has made the huge sum total of 4 Successful 50/50s so far this season in 23 apps.

Bajcetic has made 7 in less than half the amount of minutes

Also Bajcetic has won more duels than Hendo in less than half the minutes..

So... ???

BTW - your nemesis Thiago has won 100/70 duels

AND has won 20 Successful 50/50s so far this season also in less minutes (only just) played than Hendo
    Steveo, as ever, like most here, you completely miss the point on midfielders of different types stats, I expect it from you as I know what players do without the ball and the importance of that still doesn't register, also why are you again making this a Bajcetic/Hendo thing, it's surely more of a Bajcetic/Fab thing if you must draw comparisons, again what I'm talking about has nothing to do with Henderson, again here you are trying to make it that

Here's how it is, in a pressing and counter pressing style of play, if a midfielder is positioning themselves appropriately, they're not having to make the number of tackles and interceptions too many of ours do, they only get in those situations through poor positioning and reading of the game

I know it's really hard for people to accept because almost everyone's status quo and view of a midfielder and their role and what makes a good midfielder is of stereotypical midfielders we grew up on, but in our system, that isn't the case, their roles are entirely different

I see we're linked with Anton Stach and Koopmeiners one for LCm controller, one for RCM controller you would think, both wit the right type of passing at least, plus Koopmeiners can operate at CB also, who we're targetting for No6 is still unclear
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 14th March 2023 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    At the start of the season Henderson made at least 4 errors that caused us to lose points. whether a defeat or draw.
    Why are you also talking about Henderson, I'm talking about Bajcetic, curiously, contrary to your claim Hendo's stats for errors leading to a goal this season are 0, no errors leading to a goal, he's apparently made just 1 (ONE) in 419 appearances