Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Premier League Games 21 Jan 2023

I'm posting from the future to tell you that Liverpool will be top of the league within 12 months, sounds crazy now but...

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    No one player is sorting this. I’ve watched their last 5 games. If they stick with lampard they’re going down in 20th I reckon. It’ll take a big Sam style organising of the Hurd and route 1 with a plan to give them any hope. They’re absolutely shockingly bad.
    I was going to say that must have been highly entertaining, but I'm sure it was a bit of a chore in its own way.

It would be fun to be the side to get him the sack I must say - though no doubt they'll magically find something at Anfield at the current rate Would love to enter that game on the back of a win against Wolves....

What's Dyche doing at the minute?
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

There were signs from Arsenal
    Last season. Just as there were signs towards the back of last season that we were coming to the end. So many games falling behind. Unable to score enough goals in big games.

Arsenal had that Young side last season matching teams across games but naivety was costing them. They weren’t quite scoring the goals their player deserved and silly soft goals given away etc. I remember more than a few Gooners saying they would be challenging this season. I must admit I thought they were jumping the gun. Seems they were not so wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I was going to say that must have been highly entertaining, but I'm sure it was a bit of a chore in its own way.

It would be fun to be the side to get him the sack I must say - though no doubt they'll magically find something at Anfield at the current rate Would love to enter that game on the back of a win against Wolves....

What's Dyche doing at the minute?
    Tbf their fans reckon they’ll take a draw from us and I can see their point. We’re easier to play against than most right now. They are shit against the teams around them

[IMG][/IMG]

Mikel and Xabi - same Basque school of football.

Tbf their fans reckon they’ll take a draw from us and I can see their point. We’re easier to play against than most right now. They are shit against the teams around them
    It's entirely plausible that they could get something off us.

Today looked very much "clean sheet first, creativity later" - that's two clean sheets in a row now, hopefully a sign of tightening up, even if only a little.

Won't know how I feel about that fixture until after the Wolves result I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    It's entirely plausible that they could get something off us.

Today looked very much "clean sheet first, creativity later" - that's two clean sheets in a row now, hopefully a sign of tightening up, even if only a little.

Won't know how I feel about that fixture until after the Wolves result I think.
    Probably the exact right approach to take against the likes of Everton though not pretty. They can’t score and need wins so sit back. Watch them fumble and punch a form or 2 with nunez and salah on the break. Mid table styleeeee

Newcastle look a very decent side, away at Palace they’ve had 63% possession and 16 attempts with 6 on target v 6 attempts 1 on target.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Newcastle look a very decent side, away at Palace they’ve had 63% possession and 16 attempts with 6 on target v 6 attempts 1 on target.
    They're a good side. If we were to try and find a weakness, it would be their capacity to turn these draws into wins. They've actually only won 2 more League games than us (having played one more) and we are pretty mediocre right now. They've had 9 draws - that's a lot.

Their fans have every right to be confident, but I'd we win our game in hand on them (feels unlikely I know, but for talk's sake) and were to beat Newcastle themselves, it's a 4-point gap.

Results like today's (being statistically dominant but not converting) could cost them if someone gets their act together - whether that is us, Brighton, Tottenham or Fulham.

Probably the exact right approach to take against the likes of Everton though not pretty. They can’t score and need wins so sit back. Watch them fumble and punch a form or 2 with nunez and salah on the break. Mid table styleeeee
    I'm absolutely fine with a "grind" for a bit. Trying to outscore our opposition and play pretty football didn't work terribly well for us this season, particularly playing our mids high and wide.

If the new plan for the coming 5-10 fixtures is to try and snatch matches 1-0 then so be it - then we can reassess depending on where we arez whether that's chasing down the Top Four or languishing around 12th spot.

I tend not to think too much about position at this time of year - more focused on the points difference between us and our target - 4 or 5 spots can be separated by a few points.