Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Premier League Games 21 Jan 2023

Agree. Everything has went their way, like Leicester season. I mentioned last week that they have a bit of a Leicester feel to me, Might be wrong like. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree. Everything has went their way, like Leicester season. I mentioned last week that they have a bit of a Leicester feel to me, Might be wrong like. Time will tell.
    50 points is a lot from 19 games.
    45 goals is a lot from 19 games.
    16 conceded is pretty tight from 19 games.

Doubt they'll match it in the second half but they are flying.

Big difference between the two is that it’s doubtful Arsenal wouldn’t lose 2 of their best players (Kante & Mahrez) straight after winning the title so could be a big threat the following season.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Big difference between the two is that it’s doubtful Arsenal wouldn’t lose 2 of their best players (Kante & Mahrez) straight after winning the title so could be a big threat the following season.
    I guess so but it's just odd that last season they were pretty much like we are now. Maybe a bit better but the jump from what they were to what they're currently doing is very unusual.
    Everything they're doing is going right, I don't see that continuing into next season.
    They have some good players but I don't think I'd describe any of them as world class.

I guess so but it's just odd that last season they were pretty much like we are now. Maybe a bit better but the jump from what they were to what they're currently doing is very unusual.
    Everything they're doing is going right, I don't see that continuing into next season.
    They have some good players but I don't think I'd describe any of them as world class.
    They play good football though. To be fair saka had that united left hand side in toast all through the second half. I think they might be a threat for a few years actually. Bring linked with players too. They’ll spend again in the coming windows. We will need to work incredibly hard to get back to the standard needed to better them.

21yo Willian Saliba has been immense.
    Wasn't he signed from St etienne a few years ago.
    Then left on loan to OM.
    HAS come back a reformed man.
    Same with Nketiah
    And Martinelli + Odegaard.

Many of the players aged 20 to 26yo
    Perfect age. Legs, energy, hunger, and that desire to go further.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    50 points is a lot from 19 games.
    45 goals is a lot from 19 games.
    16 conceded is pretty tight from 19 games.

Doubt they'll match it in the second half but they are flying.
    Correct, this doesn’t look like ‘best of a bad bunch’ as Leicester did, this is 100 points level….so far…and they are playing what many would label as better purists football than we did. Not as high intensity, but more technical. Far less taxing too. If they add well in the summer it could be a problem.

Still - a long way to go.

Yeah, Leicester won the League with 81 points.

Arsenal (second) got 71 points - absolutely mad to think that 72 points would have won the Title that season!

True, even more incredible, we took only 60 points across 38 games. That 3 wins and a draw more than Arsenal have this season in 19 games!

Yep - then it took 76 points to SQUEAK 4th spot in the following season (16/17) as Arsenal finished with 75 points which was only good enough for 5th spot - absolutely wild how things work out sometimes.

Football is such an unpredictable Beast. That's why I am still clinging to the chance (however slim) of us finding a way to grind out wins and for Newcastle or Man United to have a blip to get us a little closer. I still look at the 9 draws Newcastle have had and feel they need to win more - plus they would have Brighton, Man City and Man United to play in 3 of the 5 fixtures that follow our match at St. James Park.

Just need to sneak a win against Wolves to get the ball rolling in the belief department and you never know.