Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Your team v Wolves

No Fabinho at all and i dont get why Henderson never starts these days?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Hmmm, I think Doak on the bench as a roll of the dice late on in games would be a decent option. Better than Ox. Well, maybe.

Ox is in the last of the January sales window. We are literally hoping he is concerned enough that he will put in a shift. There will be a south coast club willing to pay his wages regardless of his showings for us I suspect

It’s strange, really strange that Right footed, but predominantly left sided Gakpo plays through the middle while Nunez gets to play wide. I know it is believed to be the closest to the Salah Mané Bobby setup but these are not the same players.

Let’s hope it can click

Alisson

Trent Matip Gomez Robertson

Keita Bajcetic Thiago

Salah Gakpo Nunez

Surprised Bajcetic starts again, he gives the ball away too often for me and doesn't keep it all that well in tight areas, better than Fab in his positioning, but still prone to an error and getting caught out of position but nothing like as frequently as Fab and another like Fab who doesn't contribute to the press and counter press but sits just off it

On the subject of the forwards clicking, let hope the service they thrive on is there for them, direct balls to enable to make them to make runs in behind, these forwards are NOT tappy crappy players and they never will be, they are direct, runs in behind, quick, mobile players that need releasing and need the right service

That ball Trent loves to play, long diagonal to LFWD in behind or to win ahead of the defender, backed up by Robbo to win any second ball needs to be back on, we've not had the runners for him to play it at all this season due to Jurgen's tinkering

It still makes the mind absolutely boggle, 6 seasons of playing a system, adding the right players to try and make it work better, winning a Champions League and League title then after the League title win, bin it all off and try and change how you play entirely, it's was, is and always will be an absolute nonsense and will always rest on Klopp and his coaching staffs shoulders, just absolute lunacy

Of course we had games we struggled to break sides down, we're Liverpool, playing in an anyone but Liverpool culture and were looking to win the league for the first time in 30 years, every fucking team we played played to higher levels and many weren;t even trying to score, they were just looking to stop us scoring and take points off us to help City as teams did to Newcastle under Keegan

ALL TEAMS have games they struggle to break the opposition down, City have lots every season and had lots that season, since the complete ruination, throwing an entire maternity unit out with the bath water and loss of all automation we're not even creating chances as we always did in all games

Needs the runs in behind and the right service and support for them, otherwise we may as well pack up and go the fuck home and were not and never will be the side a few people listening to idealist morons guilty of believing their own hype and of forgetting what they and our players are good at have tried desperately unsuccessfully to turn us into

I've seen the expression 'like building a plane while it's in flight' not it is fucking not, it's actually been like taking the wings and engine of a plane in flight, simply moronic and clueless and it is all on Jurgen and he needs to remember what he's good at and get back to it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    It’s strange, really strange that Right footed, but predominantly left sided Gakpo plays through the middle while Nunez gets to play wide. I know it is believed to be the closest to the Salah Mané Bobby setup but these are not the same players.

Let’s hope it can click
    Why is it strange? Nunez has in general stunk the place out playing at No9 and has been much better playing at LFWD and offered at least some of what we're so desperately missing from Mane and Diaz in runs in behind and pace in behind and power and pace and acceleration

Wagbo played the Bobby role very well last time out, the issue that developed at No9 was getting crowded out in midfield and teams blocking space in the pockets for them and the No9 not getting in the box when it was on to after initiating attacking play, it didn't need a traditional No9, it needed and needs a player with more speed about the pitch, capable of comfortably taking all the positions and arriving in the box to Add goals when it was on to
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

What the fuck was that

That was the evidence of how far the team / squad has fallen.

Only positive; Bajcetic and Thiago. Nunez had a couple of chances.

That was humiliation.
    Oh lay oh lay.

The video for this week.
    If the team / squad have any fight or honour they'll watch that last 5 mins of the wolves game.

Too many awful performances to pick out 1 really bad.
    Out of 10 ... 3s