Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910

Thread: Other Games 18-20/02

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    No need for confusion here. I am suggesting that anyone who thinks they have done a good job on our infrastructure is well wide of the mark.
    Ah,...I see.
    So the problem is NOT that there hasn't been infrastructure built or improved, but that it wasn't done to your precise and exact specifications and liking.

Got it.

That the infrastructure itself is well under cooked. And why? because both it and the squad are being funded 100% by what we generate. This then leads to us into the trap of building everything on maximising revenues via an out of all proportion increase in corporate sales, rather than facilitating the real bread and butter fans. The die-hards who will be at L4 when we are mid table again. As we saw this summer. The priority is so clearly - not the team. Commitments to intercontinental summer exhibitions, ruining our vital pre season, following 63 fucking GAMES!

KERCHING?!
    Still waiting for the part pointing out how the club being able to pay for what it needs from the revenue it generates rather than from (what are effectively) "loans" from the billionaire owners is a bad thing.

Still waiting.

How is that a good reason? Good reason that we small time it on the long term projects because we cannot afford to do the job properly for infrastructure or squad..? Hmmm

AND the club IS in debt. We are in debt to FSG for the new main stand AND to banks for the ARE and AXA…We are paying loans for all the infrastructure AND we are paying them down TOO quickly. This is the very point. IF the owners had ANY passion for the club at all, they would not allow the squad to go without JUST to speed up repayment of debt. What part of this are you refusing to see?
    Yes, as I did mention in order to build virtually anything in modern society, you have to build it using someone else's money - typically banks (through loans) or financiers.

The difference here is that WE are paying back those loans through the revenue we generate versus the alternative "Abramovich-esque" style wherein Henry foots the bill and we're in debt to HIM.

Do you want us not to pay our debts and our loans and instead go deeper into debt by focusing instead on the field in the hopes that somehow victory there will result in more revenue that will pay down the loans faster?

Because that's not how it works at all, either.

I'm not refusing to see any part of it.
    You just seem to be incapable of seeing it how the real world works

You just can't see it, and this is the very issue I have with US owners. What is to the fans - an institution - do not exist to make money. That 100% is not the goal and that transition IS what is ruining the sport MORE than anything else. What is this... Coca Cola, Amazon? The second you point out where they are treating a football club like an asset, they simply ask, “what’s wrong with that?” It's like any business... except it actually is not at all... It's clear you/they just do not see what is so very wrong with that. It seems to be in the dna. It doesn't work like that for anyone who loves this sport and follows their club.

And one assumes “ people who've gotten to where they are and their financial status of wealth and prosperity” applies to western, mainly US businessmen?... and not so much Russian businessmen..Or Businessmen from Qatar? Oops - sorry I forget they are Oil Barons..

My word indeed.
    No, 100% the goal should not be to only make money and profit.

But it is part of the deal.
    Whether you like it or not.
    Money makes this world go round.
    Either you make some (or more to the point, enough) to survive, or you die.

Nothing runs on passion alone.
    If it did, some rich dyed-deep-red born and bred in the Mersey Liverpool fan would have bought the club by now and we'd all be celebrating Title #30 and our 10th Champions League trophy.

And yes, I'm going to make a distinction between how American businessmen come to their wealth (Which is closer to our way of life), and how Russian Oligarch Putin buddies came to theirs or how Qatari state-owned entities and Oil barons came to theirs.
    These two things are not the same and never will be despite how much you may despite Americans (more on this in a bit...)

And you ask WHAT'S THE WORLD COMING TO!?!?!?!?!?. If your senile war mongering crook of a president has anything to do with it.. Well, that would be World War 3!
    Whose president?
    You're still under this demented delusion that I'm an American.

Laughable.

Please, do throw in another Joe Biden insult or another dig at Americans writ large and see if that'll get a rise out of me in thinking you're insulting me.

I do have relatives that live in America and are American, but they're big boys and girls and can take care of themselves and probably don't give a toss about some foaming in the mouth Brit who has a stick up his arse about anything American.

Well we can all pose a myriad of simple yes no questions. But life doesn’t work like that. That leads us all into the realms of batshit crazy referenda…

Like was bagging Jurgen Klopp a brilliant coup...? Absolutely he was as he has totally transformed the club.
    Sooo,... not all bad.
    And the "cursed" Yanks at least did one good thing.

Good to see.

Progress.

Maybe tomorrow you'll wake up and decide that computers, smartphones and the internet - both American inventions, that you're not relying on to shit on them - aren't such a bad thing after all.

Was Naby Keita a bad signing though..? and although the net result hasn't been good at all, the answer isn't a simple yes or no..
    Why focus on only him, tho?
    Of all the people that Klopp -....who was hired by those "dirty" Americans, lest we forget..... - signed.
    He also signed Virgil, Allison, Mo and Mane, you know.

Some of them even using dirty grotty Yank money.

And no we aren’t facing Administration, as indeed we never were. A tool used by the banks to take control of the club..to force the sale and get their money back. Multiple better offers on the table for the club ignored.. yet...mr Henry - eyeing the club "going for a steal" somehow managed to bag the deal of the century. All concluded under the auspices of a Yank CEO at Barclays..
    So, smart businessman did smart business thing and made a quid or two

In other news, scientists have made a stunning discovery that water is indeed.........wet

Sports and weather at 11.

So, no smoke and mirrors there then. Where is Hunter Biden when you need him?.. Next you will be telling us that he Russians blew up their own pipeline cause the western media lamely tried to carry that ‘phoney story’ for all of 2 minutes
    LOL!!!

Seriously, mate...
    Seek some help for this anti-American whatever the hell it is you seem to be suffering from.

They have medication for most things these days.

And yes, we were in the shite in 2010.. and why? Because of whom? Once again - when the shit hits the fan, all any defender of Henry and co can do - is point to the state we were in after the last US ownership model.

Is this the best we can do?

And who owned the club before those other Americans that did a lousy job?

The person that led the club to such a Nirvana and wonderful paradise of 20 straight titles,
    Another horrible Yank as well?

Because from the looks of it, the Yanks are 1 and 1
    Terrible owners, and then owners under whom we've won the first title in 30 years, another CL title, and been to the Champions' League final almost as many times as the times we'd won it before then.

But you're right, Hicks and Gillette did a terrible job running the club almost into the ground.
    What was that (I'm assuming also American, since only Americans are this incompetent) fool that came up with the idea to sell the club to them and in doing so also make a profit for himself (Must have been an American. Made a profit off of the club. Only snidey shithead Americans do greedy things like that)?

Inquiring minds would love to know.

One day we won't be owned by an American - possibly hopefully in your lifetime - and the club won't be doing well then either, at least not all the time.

Whatever are you going to do with yourself then when you can't blame everything but the rain (and maybe even it) on a shitty American than ruined your life and caused cancer and killed puppies and invented marmite?
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

But that's the difference between American v oil Arab/ Russian oil.

I stopped reading at:

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Maybe tomorrow you'll wake up and decide that computers, smartphones and the internet - both American inventions, that you're not relying on to shit on them - aren't such a bad thing after all.
    Good grief..

Fulham only managed a draw, which is good for our Champion's League ambitions. Think that is 3 games in hand we have on them now. Can (probably) rule them out, or at least present an argument that they are in the weakest position to nick 4th.

Brighton, Newcastle and Tottenham the 3 to reel in now.

Huge weekend ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Ah,...I see.
    So the problem is NOT that there hasn't been infrastructure built or improved, but that it wasn't done to your precise and exact specifications and liking.

Got it.

Still waiting for the part pointing out how the club being able to pay for what it needs from the revenue it generates rather than from (what are effectively) "loans" from the billionaire owners is a bad thing.

Still waiting.

Yes, as I did mention in order to build virtually anything in modern society, you have to build it using someone else's money - typically banks (through loans) or financiers.

The difference here is that WE are paying back those loans through the revenue we generate versus the alternative "Abramovich-esque" style wherein Henry foots the bill and we're in debt to HIM.

Do you want us not to pay our debts and our loans and instead go deeper into debt by focusing instead on the field in the hopes that somehow victory there will result in more revenue that will pay down the loans faster?

Because that's not how it works at all, either.

I'm not refusing to see any part of it.
    You just seem to be incapable of seeing it how the real world works

No, 100% the goal should not be to only make money and profit.

But it is part of the deal.
    Whether you like it or not.
    Money makes this world go round.
    Either you make some (or more to the point, enough) to survive, or you die.

Nothing runs on passion alone.
    If it did, some rich dyed-deep-red born and bred in the Mersey Liverpool fan would have bought the club by now and we'd all be celebrating Title #30 and our 10th Champions League trophy.

And yes, I'm going to make a distinction between how American businessmen come to their wealth (Which is closer to our way of life), and how Russian Oligarch Putin buddies came to theirs or how Qatari state-owned entities and Oil barons came to theirs.
    These two things are not the same and never will be despite how much you may despite Americans (more on this in a bit...)

Whose president?
    You're still under this demented delusion that I'm an American.

Laughable.

Please, do throw in another Joe Biden insult or another dig at Americans writ large and see if that'll get a rise out of me in thinking you're insulting me.

I do have relatives that live in America and are American, but they're big boys and girls and can take care of themselves and probably don't give a toss about some foaming in the mouth Brit who has a stick up his arse about anything American.

Sooo,... not all bad.
    And the "cursed" Yanks at least did one good thing.

Good to see.

Progress.

Why focus on only him, tho?
    Of all the people that Klopp -....who was hired by those "dirty" Americans, lest we forget..... - signed.
    He also signed Virgil, Allison, Mo and Mane, you know.

Some of them even using dirty grotty Yank money.

So, smart businessman did smart business thing and made a quid or two

In other news, scientists have made a stunning discovery that water is indeed.........wet

Sports and weather at 11.

LOL!!!

Seriously, mate...
    Seek some help for this anti-American whatever the hell it is you seem to be suffering from.

They have medication for most things these days.

And who owned the club before those other Americans that did a lousy job?

The person that led the club to such a Nirvana and wonderful paradise of 20 straight titles,
    Another horrible Yank as well?

Because from the looks of it, the Yanks are 1 and 1
    Terrible owners, and then owners under whom we've won the first title in 30 years, another CL title, and been to the Champions' League final almost as many times as the times we'd won it before then.

But you're right, Hicks and Gillette did a terrible job running the club almost into the ground.
    What was that (I'm assuming also American, since only Americans are this incompetent) fool that came up with the idea to sell the club to them and in doing so also make a profit for himself (Must have been an American. Made a profit off of the club. Only snidey shithead Americans do greedy things like that)?

Inquiring minds would love to know.

One day we won't be owned by an American - possibly hopefully in your lifetime - and the club won't be doing well then either, at least not all the time.

Whatever are you going to do with yourself then when you can't blame everything but the rain (and maybe even it) on a shitty American than ruined your life and caused cancer and killed puppies and invented marmite?
    Nice one CD keep it up "He's cracking" you're only one or two posts away from him posting cringeworthy Partridge youtubes and using his second account to agree with his own posts
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I stopped reading at:

Good grief..
    I understand.

I too often find it difficult to process information when the irony and sudden wash of self-awareness gets too thick for even myself to ignore.

Okay,.....maybe not that often.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Self awareness? From the geezer who thinks that the computer was an American invention…?

Wow…

You clearly have an issue with history, reality and fact.

Your trans Americana diatribe in defence of the worlds global terrorist is both fascinating and revealing.