Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Other Games 18-20/02

for fuk sake Brenda

Sancho 3-0.
    Leicester given up defending this half.

Maintain and improve on our last two results and I still think we can beat them well at Anfield next month.

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    for fuk sake Brenda
    He's managed some decent wins against ourselves and City since we've been challenging and winning titles. Always seems to roll over for Utd though

I keep thinking they are going to fall apart but they just keep winning

It's not exactly El Clasico but Utd went completely against the run of play, hit them on the break and the silk Rashford showed for the first goal was absolutely top drawer.

Anyone who thinks they're not in this title race are deluding themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by pob View Post
    Anyone who thinks they're not in this title race are deluding themselves.
    If Arsenal win their game in hand it's an 8-point gap, so I am still in the deluded camp.

The number of games (particularly if they get past Barcelona in Europe) is going to catch up to them at some point.

They'll likely improve next year if they can add a top forward but we'll see. Not going to let it keep me up at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    If Arsenal win their game in hand it's an 8-point gap, so I am still in the deluded camp.

The number of games (particularly if they get past Barcelona in Europe) is going to catch up to them at some point.

They'll likely improve next year if they can add a top forward but we'll see. Not going to let it keep me up at night.
    And if arsenal lose their game in hand it's only 5 points. Not saying they'll win it but they've a chance. This is Arsenal remember. If anyone is capable of bottling it and throwing it away it's them.

Quote Originally Posted by pob View Post
    And if arsenal lose their game in hand it's only 5 points. Not saying they'll win it but they've a chance. This is Arsenal remember. If anyone is capable of bottling it and throwing it away it's them.
    Not an unfair shout - I guess I look at the Mancs and the fact they have TWO sides to contend with (one with a decent gap, the other with very recent history of winning the League) combined with their fixture list - especially if they stay in the Europa....I just don't quite see it for them. A Cup Double is plausible for them which is an annoyance.

If Rashford's goals dry up at all they'll be scoring less and the admittedly very limited minutes I've watched of them this season I don't think their midfield looks "all that" when Casemiro doesn't play.

They're having a good season though. If we view the new Manager's "project" as a 3-5 year thing then this is an excellent Year 1 - they'll have Champion's League footie and probably recruit better than under Solskjaer so they are likely to improve.