Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Other Games 18-20/02

FSG have done a good job.. FOR THEMSEVLES!
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Yep it certainly looks like they've overvalued massively but it shouldn't shock us. They're greedy bastards and have been from the off, siphoning money to their other sports clubs. 533m from redbird, none of that came LFCs way.
    Embarrassing from Henry trying to make out we were never up for sale but then again it's not the first time he's made himself look a tit and had to backtrack.
    We are fucked long term under this lot.
    They always maintained they were only looking for investors though, and not an outright sale, so this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
    Agree though, we're f*cked under them. We'll be watching city and that lot up the east lancs hoover up everything for the foreseable while we scrap for fourth

Quote Originally Posted by pob View Post
    They always maintained they were only looking for investors though, and not an outright sale, so this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
    Agree though, we're f*cked under them. We'll be watching city and that lot up the east lancs hoover up everything for the foreseable while we scrap for fourth
    Do you not think It's pretty much an open secret they were up for a full sale though?
    They've asked too much and people have walked away or that's certainly the look of it. We'll never know for sure as there's nothing concrete. We just have to take ol' John's word.
    Says he believes investment will happen. We'll see, they've had plenty before so will it be for FSG or LFC? He knows what's required to try and recapture our mojo and it's not going to be cheap.

A full sale was and still is clearly their number 1 choice, for the right money,… BUT like always when you aren’t getting close to the value you had banked on, the narrative has to change.

You don’t say, sadly after being offered what we believe to be derisory offers, we have decided more and more to look for minority investment.

It’s an open admission that they want the money up front OR they will settle for taking it drip drip over a more prolonged period of time.

The worst scenario of all, is what looks like happening (as Feared) they absolutely 100% have to say that is what they want. The fact Henry is going public with it - is proof it’s not what he wants. Like the ESL and Ticket Prices and trademarking the very name of the city…

Quote Originally Posted by pob View Post
    Whatever anyone may think about the owners (a lot of people in here abhor them and are entitled to their opinion) I don't think we can lay Man City's trophy hoovering directly at their door.

Rules should have been enforced and punishments should have been dished out.

Are FSG approaching a cross-roads "shit or get off the pot" spell? Probably - the footballing landscape appears to be changing a bit again so some modification to how we operate may be necessary. I don't think we need to rip the script up, just tweak a few things. I feel most Summers we end up feeling just one player short - ending the upcoming Summer window without that feeling would do for me.

Will we see a decent net spend this Summer? Hopefully - some of our infrastructure costs will be behind us now, as will Covid-related issues and a few lads will be coming off the wage bill.

What constitutes a "decent net spend" will hugely vary from fan to fan. I know lads who would likely still call the Waaaahmbulance even if we sunk £250m in. We do need to invest, but I personally have no time for the "if you can't beat them, join them" approach that looks like it is taking us towards £150m+ transfers becoming a really regular thing.

Spending more than the earnings that you get from a Champion's League win on one player I just find a bit mad, even though we will likely have to do so if we want Bellingham. I couldn't give an exact metric of what I think a maximum fee should be but I hate the increasing lunacy of the transfer landscape.

That's not "woe is me" about others spending more than us either - if I couldn't hack us being outgunned in the market then I wouldn't have endured how the Mancs could blast us out of the water with wage packets for the majority of my life as a football fan. Just think the game needs to draw a line in the sand soon.

Funnily enough, the Mancs, who have been mismanaged for so long have apparently introduced "the Ronaldo rule" whereby nobody will be on more than £200k-per-week to try to keep egos and comparison culture in check. That is a drop in the Ocean of the bigger problem, but I'll credit them where due on that.

Leipzig being dominated, not had a shot yet lol
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Leipzig being dominated, not had a shot yet lol
    Leipzig have thrown the dice and gone 4-2-3-1 and the boy somehow dodges some awful over-the-ball karate stuff to get the goal and we can see no carrot at the end of the tunnel.

City fans enjoying a pint watching the match. The Germans know how to treat the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    THEY haven’t put a single penny into any infrastructure.

So sort your jock strap out

Don't the new training ground at Kirkby and the expanded stand (soon to be stands) count as (LITERAL) infrastructure?
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Our CB and top fan Gvardiol has equalised.