Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Real Madrid (Champion's League Last-16, First Leg)

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    They've a bit of a choice to make regarding how they approach this match.

Do they sit in and take a draw back to the Bernabeu where they'll be incredibly confident? Or do they see our soft underbelly and go for the jugular tonight?

Ancelotti has been around the block. He knows we will boo and hiss and up the ante any time they are in possession. I think they might cede possession to begin with and aim to let us get frustrated trying to break them down.

I don't think we have had a lead at any time against Real Madrid since 08/09 so I would love to score first and see what happens.
    They have had a busy schedule, 6 games in 2 and a half weeks (2nd Feb - 18th Feb) including the Club World Cup - which they won (in case any of us hadn’t noticed ) in the Gulf.

We have a good chance to catch them napping, but if they can play their game, if we allow that… then that midfield from Saturday gets ripped to bits. Bajcetic aside, it is sub standard.

So much depends on how they play.

Nunez needs to start or we are going to need some luck. The crowd can make a huge difference as we know, but even accounting for that, we are going to need to be 10 times better than we have been for months.

I fear a battering tbh...
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Fast start needed. Needs to be one of 'those' evenings. Ala Juve in 05'.

If we prat about trying to control the game, we'll get embarrassed.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    I fear a battering tbh...
    If by "battering" you mean us losing 4-0 or something, I don't personally see it.

They have played 22 League games (just like us) and have only scored 8 more than us in their La Liga campaign.

They're off the back of a good result against Elche and high-scoring results in the Club World Cup but they can definitely be got at. So can we though.

As counter-intuitive as it may sound I wouldn't mind us ceding some possession to them and our crowd hissing and booing every touch of theirs, getting on their feet when we counter. I think if they allow us the Lion's Share of possession and say "go ahead, break us down" that we will begin to struggle and the crowd will as well.

We are easy to play through. The likes of Wolves put three past us with relative ease. It could have been more. 10 man Newcastle had plenty of chances (as did we).

We are easy to play through. The likes of Wolves put three past us with relative ease. It could have been more. 10 man Newcastle had plenty of chances (as did we).
    I'm hoping to be badly wrong - and we turn them over.

I'm hoping to be badly wrong - and we turn them over.
    Madrids midfield looks scary compared to ours. There has been talk about the players they are missing. But that starting 11 is still a very strong team.

Not confident.

Unchanged line up, I thought it was very important Nunez started because Diaz was hugely disappointing v Carvajal in last year's final, letting him boss him, I felt Jota would be the same and Gakpo, so I'm looking for Nunez especially to disrupt their defence and be a perrenial thorn in their side and grab a goal and assist or two

Alisson

Trent Gomez Van Dijk Robertson

Henderson Fabinho Bajcetic

Salah Wagbo nunez

Needs another Barca 4-0 type evening and hopefully scoreline, nobody gives us a hope in hell, let's be our imperious, in your face, runs in behind, balls to connect them, winning every second ball as a new point of attack, undeniable force that no team in world football wants to play

Come the FUCK on Liverpool, let's administer the bumming and get the win here tonight to give ourselves an incredible chance of progressing to the last 8
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

If Rodrigo and Vinicius can turn the ball over and get at us it will be dangerous.

Happy with the team mind.

I hope we've not thrown Nunez in half injured
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.