Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Klopp reflects on defeat to Real Madrid in Paris ahead of Champions League clash

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    I feel that you are overreacting to the defeat. It's understandable to feel disappointed or frustrated after a loss likle that but it's important to remember the big picture. Klopp is one of the best managers in the world and he'll bring us success again, just not this season. Klopp will be learning all the time what this team is capable of and what it's not. Sometimes it takes setbacks along the way. Try to keep a positive attitude and level head. Klopp is rebuilding. He will get there.
    Honestly I don’t think I am. We’ve all known in the back of our minds for months that we were going to get pasted in this game. The 2 wins in the league and the fast start here maybe raised expectations a bit but the oled us for a full 45 minutes at home last night and beat us by 3 goals to add to the 3 goal defeats by Brighton and wolves recently who also oled us off the pitch for last 20 minutes of those games. The team is done. It’s been let drift way too long without reinforcements and I honestly still don’t think klopp fully sees the problem in midfield. That’s was a joke last night to be unable to run with them for last 30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Honestly I don’t think I am. We’ve all known in the back of our minds for months that we were going to get pasted in this game. The 2 wins in the league and the fast start here maybe raised expectations a bit but the oled us for a full 45 minutes at home last night and beat us by 3 goals to add to the 3 goal defeats by Brighton and wolves recently who also oled us off the pitch for last 20 minutes of those games. The team is done. It’s been let drift way too long without reinforcements and I honestly still don’t think klopp fully sees the problem in midfield. That’s was a joke last night to be unable to run with them for last 30 minutes.
    It might seem that way at first glance but the team is far from done. Last night we started with:

Bajčetić - 18
    Gakpo - 23
    Núñez - 23
    Trent - 24
    Gomez - 25

On the bench we had:

Elliott - 19
    Carvalho - 20
    Jones - 22
    Jota - 26

There are a hanful of players that need replacing in the summer but it's obvious to me that Klopp is currently rebuilding.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    It might seem that way at first glance but the team is far from done. Last night we started with:

Bajčetić - 18
    Gakpo - 23
    Núñez - 23
    Trent - 24
    Gomez - 25

On the bench we had:

Elliott - 19
    Carvalho - 20
    Jones - 22
    Jota - 26

There are a hanful of players that need replacing in the summer but it's obvious to me that Klopp is currently rebuilding.
    The next phase of it has to be central midfield surely. Can’t let another window go by without at least 2 in there. Where is carvalho these days.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    The next phase of it has to be central midfield surely. Can’t let another window go by without at least 2 in there. Where is carvalho these days.
    Not getting a sniff. He'll be let go in the summer I think.
    Begs the question who brought him in? Klopp clearly doesn't have time for him.

Just read there that Carvalho has played 6 mins of prem/CL football since November.