Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314151617181922 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Real Madrid

Starting to dislike Ancelotti as a boss. Used to be a fan of his.Largely as we don't seem to have beaten a team he's managed since No5 in Istanbul. His Everton team were shithouses when VVD was put for a season. Then they got their first win at Anfield in decades thanks to dreadful form. Hell do I really want to send him and Real packing from this CL.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Like I said before, it's like clockwork.

2-0 up and it's almost like the entire team undergoes a collective mental shutdown, and forget you still have some 70 or so odd minutes to see out the match.

I don't know how you fix an issue like that without some active in-your-face leadership on the field.
    Agree. It's been an issue for a while now.
    Real on the other hand don't panic at all with being 2 down, they know they'll get chances.

Exhilarating first half that. If Real had been two up and we'd gone in level, we'd be buzzing now.
    Such doom & gloom on the match thread as usual, lol...
    Just enjoy a CL spectacle and hope we get the Anfield Roar to spur on some goals second half.
    I'm enjoying this.....

We go two up.. fullbacks going forward.. Henderson pressed right up.. Then what? keep doing it? until the opposition learn to play the ball correctly to runners from midfield and wide areas? your basically giving them 80 yards to play in against 1 holding midfielder and 2 defenders.. Its a nonsense tactic.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Let's remind Steveo of the stats from last season's final

Liverpool 54% possession Real 46%

Shots on goal 24 on target 9 Real 4 on target 2

Despite Diaz and Thiago's no shows
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Ok mate. You keep telling yourself that.
    I mean,.... he does talk a fair load of shite, but he's not wrong in that.

One of the galling things in losing the final last year was in the fact that we dominated the game but for an against-the-run-of-play goal by Vinicius (from one of only 2 shots on target all game) and a Courtois having a game of his life/career and our inability to find the back of the net or make something of our many more chances.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Two great teams creating lots of chances and a great game. Stop moaning all of you ffs.

Benzema won't stay as quiet as he has been
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Exhilarating first half that. If Real had been two up and we'd gone in level, we'd be buzzing now.
    Such doom & gloom on the match thread as usual, lol...
    Just enjoy a CL spectacle and hope we get the Anfield Roar to spur on some goals second half.
    I'm enjoying this.....
    Agreed. I'd certainly take this after some of the insipid, one paced performances we've had this season.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    We go two up.. fullbacks going forward.. Henderson pressed right up.. Then what? keep doing it? until the opposition learn to play the ball correctly to runners from midfield and wide areas? your basically giving them 80 yards to play in against 1 holding midfielder and 2 defenders.. Its a nonsense tactic.
    We got 2-0 up playing at our direct best, then start thinking we can play football, should be trying to keep it without needing to go anywhere at 2-0, then going back to Virgil or Trent to go long and direct for Nunez or Trent, THAT is what we do well, we've had no end of trouble through Jurgen's failed attempts to make us tappy crappy
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”