Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303334353637383940

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Real Madrid

I try and deal in facts.. (i never got Gerrard has a person but thats my opinion) but what a bloody player he was.. The season he played mostly at DM was one of his best seasons for us. he only 1 made error maybe 2.. He slipped anyone can. the reason we failed was because we conceded over 50 goals. with Mignolet Lovren Moreno and others at the back . Its not surprising
    No disrespect intended For Levia, but Nineteenx rated Lucas Levia says it all really. he was less than average in my opinion. was one of the reasons we never really did much for several years.not blaming him only. we had some cack back then.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

https://youtu.be/keahaW20Log

Great defensive analysis from Rafa

To be fair, had Jurgen started Matip instead of Gomez and started any other midfielder bar Elliott in place of Fabinho and played them at RCM and Hendo at No6 we'd have likely won that game, Gomez and Fabinho were absolutely shocking, watching the filthy v Barcelona tonight and Casemiro is a far FAR better player than Fab has ever been or will ever be, and to think Lucas kept the emerging Casemiro and Fernandinho out of the Brazil team for 2 seasons

It was the Villa 7-2 and Watford 3-0 defeats all over again with the same 2 villains of the piece putting in absolutely pathetic showings gifting the opposition goals

When as a team, and as a defence and midfield, you've experienced as many games as this group have involving the type of clueless defending from Gomez costing them dearly and undoing all the hard work they've done in games and competitions and he has 'one of those games again' put out against Real, with Matip sitting there on the bench, there is precious little wonder the players went so flat after Real's third from the free kick from a needless foul from Gomez

You could see in all the other players reaction exactly what they thought about Gomez's brain farts in that game, Klopp knew it too, he's seen signalling 'challenge' after Gomez fails to make one and lets Vinicius saunter inside and thrash home a right foot curler with no attempted challenge whatsoever, then no doubt having been scolded about not making any attempt at a challenge at half time, he makes one he doesn't need to make, gives away a needless free kick and it's 3-2, the other players reaction after that third told that story for sure -

Then he needlessly flashes a leg at a Benzema effort i'm not even sure was on target and if it was it was an easy gather for Alisson and deflects it needlessly past our keeper, THEN he bottles making any sort of challenge on Benzema in the build up to their third as he bottled making any challenge on Vinicius for their first
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I thought there were shoots of recovery in an encouraging performance bar the woeful defensive mistakes

The runs in behind were back from Mo at least although we didn't get nearly enough from Nunez on the evening

There were runs for Trent to look to connect again, Hendo slipped Mo through brillinatly twice with balls through the channel to connect his runs in behind, Virgil played a couple of his once trademark long diagonals out to Mo

As I pointed out at length and in detail last season, the consequences of trying to put a designated playmaker in this team and group of players, who overplays instead of looking to connect the runs in behind when it is on to, and is incapable of playing the right quality of pass with the right spin to connect the runs with switched or medium to long diagonals who constantly demands the ball are:

You lose the runs in behind because players stop making them if no-one is attempting to connect them

You lose the direct passing of Virgil, Trent and Hendo that was so key to our successes in 18-19 and 19-20 and how this team played at its best

What was needed was more players who could play the right type and quality of passes and switches to release our forwards and full backs from several different areas of the pitch, not to try almost completely nullify all our other best passers who could provide the right type of service and lose our runs in behind by trying to put a designated playmaker who simply cn' play those passes in place

Not like Carlo hasn't lost a 3 goal lead at Half time to us in spectacular fashion before when massive favourites

Get the first 2 goals, especially as they will have seen today's results and who knows what might happen, we have nothing to lose and every opportunity