Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Crystal Palace

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I don't care

what's the point in even getting the 4th place cup

to get shat on again?
    To have the opportunity.

Whether we lose or not is another matter. Taking our Red hats off for a sec, we are very fortunate to have the opportunity to compete against these sides at all. Countless fans of countless clubs throughout the World never get the chance to even try.

Probably the wrong time to have this convo (we're all deflated, rightly so) but we should absolutely play for the chance to try again. Klopp has taken us to THREE Champions League Finals after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Could I tempt you with the pick of Milner, a la Nineteen's side?

Was tempted by that myself but just feel Milner's legs aren't quite there right now. I'm certainly not desperate to start Keita. Just feel he has reasonable energy - which will be needed against Palace.
    Never rated Milner in the middle.I think hes more of a right back..

I would do something like this

_________________Alisson_________________
    Trent________Matip_____Virgil_______Robertson
    ______________Henderson______Bajcetic
    _______________Gakpo______Jota_____
    Salah_________________________________Nunez
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    As long as Elliott and Fabinho are nowhere near our midfield and Hendo's at No6 with Bajcetic at LCM I'd be happy trying Milner, Keita or even Jones

And Gomez is nowhere near our defence unless it's coming on late at RB to give Trent a little rest for 30 minutes
    Agree about Gomez. That should be it for him, Philips should get games instead now. RB cameos only.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Fuck top four. Let's win the feckin CL...
    WOE !!!! as the Merlot squirted out of the sides of my mouth.....before i convulsed in laughter !!

To have the opportunity.

Whether we lose or not is another matter. Taking our Red hats off for a sec, we are very fortunate to have the opportunity to compete against these sides at all. Countless fans of countless clubs throughout the World never get the chance to even try.

Probably the wrong time to have this convo (we're all deflated, rightly so) but we should absolutely play for the chance to try again. Klopp has taken us to THREE Champions League Finals after all.
    AS always SID to the rescue with his rational .....almost wonder if your related to Ancelotti ?
    For his absolute calmness in what most consider dire circumstance. !!!

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    AS always SID to the rescue with his rational .....almost wonder if your related to Ancelotti ?
    Two scenarios I try to live by.

"Can you do something about the problem?"

"Yes"

"Great, then do what is required to fix it - no point in worrying and getting needlessly stressed"

- and -

"No"

"Well, if it's utterly beyond your control, there's little point in worrying and getting needlessly stressed".

That's not to say I don't care about things. Quite the opposite. I do lots of little things for Nature, have attended anti-knife rallies etc as a couple of examples. But I'm naturally very emotional/reactionary and over the years I've learned that when I pay too much heed to those feelings, then the person whose day/week/month is ruined is me. Through practice and some effort of will I have slowly-but-surely learned to pay more heed to the stuff I can control and to get less bust up about negative emotions. I had three mental breakdowns in a 6-year spell and some of the worst habits I engaged in stemmed from my poor control of my emotions, so I've put a lot of work in.

Now that calmness you talk about means that I'm sure that I come across as blasé to folks a lot and that's unfortunate. If you saw me watching a game you would certainly see that I care.

Football is escapism for me. Day-to-day life, be it world affairs, the economy, ill friends etc is hard enough so I make an effort not to further burden myself.

It's not intended to rub people up the wrong way.

Two scenarios I try to live by.

"Yes"

"Great, then do what is required to fix it - no point in worrying and getting needlessly stressed"

- and -

"No"

"Well, if it's utterly beyond your control, there's little point in worrying and getting needlessly stressed".

That's not to say I don't care about things. Quite the opposite. I do lots of little things for Nature, have attended anti-knife rallies etc as a couple of examples. But I'm naturally very emotional/reactionary and over the years I've learned that when I pay too much heed to those feelings, then the person whose day/week/month is ruined is me. Through practice and some effort of will I have slowly-but-surely learned to pay more heed to the stuff I can control and to get less bust up about negative emotions. I had three mental breakdowns in a 6-year spell and some of the worst habits I engaged in stemmed from my poor control of my emotions, so I've put a lot of work in.

Now that calmness you talk about means that I'm sure that I come across as blasé to folks a lot and that's unfortunate. If you saw me watching a game you would certainly see that I care.

Football is escapism for me. Day-to-day life, be it world affairs, the economy, ill friends etc is hard enough so I make an effort not to further burden myself.

It's not intended to rub people up the wrong way.
    Hey my friend ,i wasn't in any shape or form making a post to bring you down in any way i'm only talking football

Hey my friend ,i wasn't in any shape or form making a post to bring you down in any way i'm only talking football
    No I know, never worry!

I'm self-aware enough to know that my posts at times must look a bit "oh well, tum tee tum" so I just try to make it clear occasionally where I'm coming from, ideally not too often or boring people to tears with it.

Also a lot of how I process/think/communicate now has stemmed from traumatic events and so on and it's difficult to bring that stuff up in such a way where it's a relevant explanation without it being perceived as an attempt to shut down conversation or sound "woe is me" etc as there is so much "I'm a victim" stuff online these days.

How I try to look at it is I've kind of weaponised some of the past negatives into a force for promoting getting the most out of my life.

Difficult to summate in a paragraph or two and I don't want to derail the thread so I'll just leave it that if anyone is struggling, the PMs are open. Can't promise to fix but would happily discuss what works for me with whomever.

No I know, never worry!

I'm self-aware enough to know that my posts at times must look a bit "oh well, tum tee tum" so I just try to make it clear occasionally where I'm coming from, ideally not too often or boring people to tears with it.

Also a lot of how I process/think/communicate now has stemmed from traumatic events and so on and it's difficult to bring that stuff up in such a way where it's a relevant explanation without it being perceived as an attempt to shut down conversation or sound "woe is me" etc as there is so much "I'm a victim" stuff online these days.

How I try to look at it is I've kind of weaponised some of the past negatives into a force for promoting getting the most out of my life.

Difficult to summate in a paragraph or two and I don't want to derail the thread so I'll just leave it that if anyone is struggling, the PMs are open. Can't promise to fix but would happily discuss what works for me with whomever.
    Whiskey on the table brings both pleasure and pain.

It's hard to be rational when so many toys are on the floor next to the prams...

Despite the toy throwing think most of us agree that Fab and Gomez are done. They've easily been the worst two players of the season by a long way.

I'd definitely be giving Phillips a run out. Nowhere near as quick as Gomez but he defends properly and concentrates.

Ali
    Trent
    Phillips
    VvD
    Robbo
    Hendo
    Bajcetic
    Jones
    Salah
    Firmino
    Nunez