Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Crystal Palace

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    And what a goal it was on the counter vs Everton. It feels like you're complaining when we win and complaining when we lose. We had an unbelievable run last season. This season has been poor. It happens. For now enjoy the wins and look forward to us coming back stronger next season under one of the best managers in the world.
    No, and it feels like you aren't capable of balance. I very much enjoyed the win BUT to say we stuffed them is completely wrong. And IF you are genuine you would accept that fact.

Any team can win a game of football, see Everton beating Arsenal for that. What is being highlighted is that we were up against it v Newcastles 10 men. That is a bad omen for a game v Real..

Christ I find myself agreeing with Jamie for the second time in a week.

Jamie Carragher has said that Newcastle United would have come away with a draw on Saturday if they hadn’t been reduced to 10 men against Liverpool.

https://www.geordiebootboys.com/news/jamie-carragher-convinced-newcastle-could-have-earned-point-against-liverpool/

Carragher wasn't a super player himself. Remember the champions league final. Instead of staying on his feet.. he flung himself into challenge and completely missed it, led to a goal.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    No, and it feels like you aren't capable of balance. I very much enjoyed the win BUT to say we stuffed them is completely wrong. And IF you are genuine you would accept that fact.

Any team can win a game of football, see Everton beating Arsenal for that. What is being highlighted is that we were up against it v Newcastles 10 men. That is a bad omen for a game v Real..

Christ I find myself agreeing with Jamie for the second time in a week.

Jamie Carragher has said that Newcastle United would have come away with a draw on Saturday if they hadn’t been reduced to 10 men against Liverpool.

https://www.geordiebootboys.com/news/jamie-carragher-convinced-newcastle-could-have-earned-point-against-liverpool/
    May I suggest you go back and watch the Everton game. We were actually excellent. You're letting emotions cloud your judgement. Emotions are leding you astray, causing you to make impulsive and irrational decisions.

You've let your emotions take over, and are focusing more on short-term gains rather than long-term benefits. You're overlooking critical details like the fact that Klopp is rebuilding the squad. Try and keep a clear and rational mind, free from the influence of emotions. I know it's difficult being a fan but you're currently unable to tell when we play well vs when we don't.

May I suggest you go back and watch the Everton game. We were actually excellent. You're letting emotions cloud your judgement. Emotions are leding you astray, causing you to make impulsive and irrational decisions.

You've let your emotions take over, and are focusing more on short-term gains rather than long-term benefits. You're overlooking critical details like the fact that Klopp is rebuilding the squad. Try and keep a clear and rational mind, free from the influence of emotions. I know it's difficult being a fan but you're currently unable to tell when we play well vs when we don't.
    Oh have I now..? Silly me..

I suggest you stick to the point and preferably stop talking in such an inane manner.

We are discussing the team to face Palace. You backed up sticking with the same team with "we stuffed Everton and Newcastle" and I have highlighted why that argument is bankrupt. It isn't close to the whole story. Not for anyone who watched both games. Against the weakest Everton we have seen in any derby in decades we looked more like ourselves in moments and won the game. Against the Toon we struggled against 10 men. It doesn't matter what baloney you want to spin about my emotions... those are the facts buster.

Oh have I now..? Silly me..

I suggest you stick to the point and preferably stop talking in such an inane manner.

We are discussing the team to face Palace. You backed up sticking with the same team with "we stuffed Everton and Newcastle" and I have highlighted why that argument is bankrupt. It isn't close to the whole story. Not for anyone who watched both games. Against the weakest Everton we have seen in any derby in decades we looked more like ourselves in moments and won the game. Against the Toon we struggled against 10 men. It doesn't matter what baloney you want to spin about my emotions... those are the facts buster.
    Again, you're letting emotions get in the way of the debate. Why do you need to downplay our win against Everton? It was an excellent performance in a derby game. Give credit where it's due. The sky doesn't always have to be falling in.

Similar story at Newcastle. We were 2-0 up when they went down to 10 men. You're deliberately choosing to ignore all the good and focus on the bad. There can be no joy in that approach.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Carragher wasn't a super player himself. Remember the champions league final. Instead of staying on his feet.. he flung himself into challenge and completely missed it, led to a goal.
    Oh I know. And I don't agree with so many things he says. I just happen to agree with his points on our midfield and on the Newcastle game. Most of us watched it. We got some fortune, and that's great, had some bad luck ourselves at times..but I wouldn't be using that game as evidence that we have turned any corners.

Many of us fully expecting Real to hand us our arses - as indeed they did.

I think he is right.. I really wish I didn't.. Maybe he is also getting carried away with his emotions but I doubt it.

Again, you're letting emotions get in the way of the debate. Why do you need to downplay our win against Everton? It was an excellent performance in a derby game. Give credit where it's due. The sky doesn't always have to be falling in.

Similar story at Newcastle. We were 2-0 up when they went down to 10 men. You're deliberately choosing to ignore all the good and focus on the bad. There can be no joy in that approach.
    I am not down playing it.. I am simply suggesting that it isn't as important as you seem to think it was. And that is just 1 of the 2 games you suggested we had stuffed the opposition in. As I say that isn't true. Everton were shocking. I honestly think they rocked up believing they would beat us at a canter. We were better at home than we have been of late in most away games.We scored a couple of cracking goals we would usually miss.. , but I don't think we were much better than we have been in many other homes games this season.

And then the Newcastle game which is the one I really have taken issue with.. Sorry if you think different but no way that's a stuffing. I am not ignoring the good things. I am countering your nonsensical assessment that we stuffed 2 teams neither of which did we actually stuff..

YOU are just trying to untangle yourself from a daft comment

I am not down playing it.. I am simply suggesting that it isn't as important as you seem to think it was. And that is just 1 of the 2 games you suggested we had stuffed th opposition in. As I say that isn't true. Everton were shocking. I honestly think they rocked up believing they would beat us at a canter. We were better at home than we have been of late in away most away games. Could hardly have been worse, but I don't think we were much better than we have been in many other homes games this season.

And then the Newcastle game which is the one I really have taken issue with.. Sorry if you think different but no way thta's a stuffing. I am not ignoring the good things. I am countering your nonsensical assessment that we stuffed 2 teams neither of which did we actually stuff..

YOU are just trying to untangle yourself from a daft comment
    You're refusing to give LFC any credit. Of course Everton had to be bad in your mind. It couldn't possibly be the case that we played well. Correct?

I'll just leave that here and stick with my earlier comment. Play the same team that handily beat both Everton and Newcastle. They were getting on a roll.

Oh Liverpool FC let me count the ways I love thee.

We played ok against Everton. I don't know what you want me to say. It seems you cannot accept the fact that I didn't think we were great. If it makes you feel better.. I do think we were MUCH MUCH better than of late.. More energy - but they were given 2 days off...and really we were ONLY noticeably better after that breakaway goal. What happens IF Tarkowski's header nestles in the net instead of rebounding off the post and out? Are you confident we go on and win? Regardless, we certainly were much better than both 3:0 defeats away to Wolves and Brighton.. But that isn't the same thing is it.

What we need to do is pick the best team to face Palace away.. We have to take into consideration WHAT happened last night too.

What happens if the ball doesn't bounce in off Alisson last night, or deflect in off Gomez? Do we eek out a 3-3 draw perhaps? It's impossible to tell. We can only discuss what actually happened.

Other teams are allowed to create chances against us. Villa hit the bar against City at 3-1 down. Could have been a different result had that gone in. That's football. What else do you expect to happen? For us to just steamroll every team, game after game. We might have had a couple of seasons like that in the last 50 years. It just doesn't happen very often. Football is a competitive sport.

The best team to play Palace is the team that beat Everton and Newcastle. There are signs of "a Klopp team" returning to that starting lineup.