Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Crystal Palace

I was discussing what Actually happened. Like for instance our Keeper being MOTM against a side with 10 men for so long..

And last night both keepers threw one in their own net. Courtois actually doing so first. We scored 1 goal - they scored 4. This actually happened. We know we beat Everton and we know we beat Newcastle, but that doesn't end the conversation. Trying to drag it on and on in an attempt to deflect from the "STUFFED" comment is transparent.

All it takes is a little balance..

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    What happens IF Tarkowski's header nestles in the net instead of rebounding off the post and out? Are you confident we go on and win?
    I was discussing what Actually happened. Like for instance our Keeper being MOTM against a side with 10 men for so long..
    You really were not.

Let's hope we beat Palace and play well. Maybe that will give you something to smile about.

Until then, a flailing monkey lies ahead, what with the future yet to come.

Nunez has to play.. frankly - right now without him, we look devoid of any threat at all.

Fab and Hendo won't be tasked with the same level of opposition as Madrid have so I guess they might feature, but ONLY because the other options are dire. Bajcetic must surely need a rest after playing game after game after game at his age and experience level.. So Klopp has a some tough decisions to make for this game. That's before we even mention that back line..

I don't think it is as simple as just going with the same team. IF Elliott, Carvalho, Jones, Keita and Oxlade are literally unusable then the mnager has no choice.. but we must surely have another option beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    You really were not.

Let's hope we beat Palace and play well. Maybe that will give you something to smile about.

Until then, a flailing monkey lies ahead, what with the future yet to come.
    Again you are getting your games mixed up...

Still - nice to know you have my mood in your thoughts..

"Dang Taksin muthafukker change 'is name Bruh"

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    "Dang Taksin muthafukker change 'is name Bruh"
    Came back the second Henry admitted he couldn’t find a buyer.

But get this… He ain’t no shill

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Carragher wasn't a super player himself. Remember the champions league final. Instead of staying on his feet.. he flung himself into challenge and completely missed it, led to a goal.
    Carragher being worse than Gomez was the reason we were 3-0 down at HT, he was disastrous and at fault for all 3 of their goals
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

We scored on the break just 13 seconds after the BS hit our post.. At Anfield, and yes they were shocking on the day, but no way we stuffed them. As for Newcastle.. you cannot have witnessed the game and made that claim.

When you are 2 goals up against the run of play and the opposition keeper gets his marching orders in the first half..and your keeper is MOTM.. you know something is badly wrong. We are Liverpool FC.. we will always win the odd game here and there in the midst of a terrible run, but that doesn't mean anything has been solved.
    People here have a very skewed view of things most of the time, you know, the sort of people who start bashing the Captain after one misplaced past in a match thread ONE misplaced pass, when he's been integral to one goal and put another on a plate Mo should have buried, but our other 2 midfield lads constantly letting the press get broken doesn't enter into the equation apparently

I say this after seeing Matip's OG v Wolves for the first time last night and having read so many absolutely ridiculously skewed comments about Matip about it, it fucking hit him, it was blasted into the area and he couldn't possible get out of the way of it, how on earth people were slating him for that is simply fucking ridiculous - Matip or Konate would have put a challenge in on Vinicius to stop him scoring their first last night - Neither would have brought him down for the free kick they scored from or given Big Bear that shit back pass and either of them would have made a challenge on Benzema before he added their fourth, you have a talent for bashing both of them, both are better than almost every other CB in the league

There are an awful lot of truth deniers here also, practically everyone here is seeing what I've said about Fab since 18-19 now, have these issues suddenly appeared? Have they fuck, they are amplified and therefore now obvious to the untrained eye because since Gini left we don't have 2 other mids who can cover his sorry arse and we have lost our best forward presser in Mane, an area in which Nunez was non existent last night and as Jurgen has tried to make us less direct and more of a passing side to disastrous effect, the overall level of our pressing and counter pressing has dropped off a cliff, so Fab's incredible faults and glaring deficiencie are laid bare for all to see

He got beaten to a ball he as favourite to win in last night's game by Modric, then jogged back, he's not a midfielder, they should do one of those passport things they did about the Arsenal defender questioning his work permit when it said he was a defender as if Fab has one as a midfielder he should be ejected from the UK immediately, it'd certainly help turn things around

People are seeing Fabinho have a shocker of a season. That can happen to any player at any time.

It doesn’t mean he wasn’t instrumental in both our major title wins. He was absolutely crucial.

You can deny it all you like, but it doesn’t look good.

And what about Jordan, he has been shocking himself. Does that mean he was always this poor? How about Salah last season after the AFCON? Was that the Salah we should judge - should we agree with those who said he wasnt worth keeping 2 or 3 years ago? OR should we remember the great player that so often carried us to wins?

These 2 player ratings and reviews are accurate to a degree BUT for some reason the Captain is miraculously escaping all of your the wrath.

———————————————-

Fabinho – 4
    Decided to go on a couple of first-half rampaging runs, a bit like the old Fabinho but about 10mph slower.
    There were a few good passes. A couple of necessary fouls. One or two tackles, even. But for the most part he was just passed around, run past and utterly found wanting by a midfield with movement, tenacity and athleticism. Looks done at this level.

Jordan Henderson – 4
    Another culpable for Real’s first goal as he left his man, but three times more in the first half got back to tackle and halt counters as Real threatened to burst forward in numbers.
    Like his midfield partners, was overrun and mauled and looked like a relic as soon as Real upped the tempo of their passing in central areas.

———————————————-

And beyond this - the entire team has struggled this season. Virgil, our rock for so long, one of the single biggest reasons for our change from top 4 challengers to title winners… he has been shocking this season. Is he also now shite? Should he also have his passport revoked?

What is clear as Crystal is - we can’t deal with Real. As I have said many times. You won’t get away with players like Henderson up against players like Modric almost ever. It is a bridge too far. They know they aren’t in that league and they get found out. No shame for the Captain, that s on Klopp, who I love to bits.. . That’s perhaps the one thing you both share - you just don’t seem to see what a man like Carlo so clearly can. My hunch is Klopl has seen it of late, but he simply doesn’t have any other options.

We always needed a better midfield imo, we had one that was fantastically hard working, also supplemented with genuine quality in the likes of Shaqiri and Lallana even the Ox when fit and a able… we often just got by - and at other times got away with it - with incredible effort, fantastic crowds and some out of this world forward play. All of our players were out working the opposition… but that cannot last.

Just one of two more quality additions and we would have won double imo. Had we added one or 2 first teamers capable each season and I believe we are out of sight.. even now.
    Last edited by Steveo; 23rd February 2023 at 12:42 AM.