Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The blame game

The blame game

Well after the absolute drubbing administered by Real Madrid,we can't blame OIL MONEY or anything to do with owners of ManCity or Newcastle but i'm sure that won't stop us in future discussions.
    What an absolute load of shyte for our failings we continuously resort to blaming oil money.11 players vs 11 players if i'm not mistaken....how about ours show up ?
    Hopefully Bellingham dosen't come to our club,he will be a wasted entity.We need maybe 3 midfield players of equal capabilities who can perform well together...instead .
    Where is Real Madrids oil money,or Barcelona's oil money or maybe Man Utd's oil money......Really guy's give the only reason for certain teams successes is OIL MONEY a fucking rest.Our excuse using this is well and truly over.
    How about we put an 11 on the pitch without crying with excuse after excuse after excuse.......How about our 11 earn their fucking living.???????
    Last edited by fagin; 22nd February 2023 at 09:20 AM.

Playing without a midfield magnifies the problems at each end of the pitch. Even if (and that's a big if) we were to finish top 4 there is no way FSG would fork out the money for bellingham. Talk of such a transfer has always been fantasy to me and not rooted in reality. As you say that £120 million required to sign him would be much better spent on 3 x £40 million midfielders anyway.

Real Madrid and Barcelona don't have oil money but they do have the duopoly on the TV money which will always give them a huge leg up on the rest of the league

Last night had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Oil Money or Sports-washing.

It is still perfectly viable to critique Sports-washing practices within the appropriate context.

The loss to Real Madrid is NOT that context, thus nobody should use it as an explanation/excuse for what happened last night.

As an aside, on the three clubs you mentioned, both Real Madrid and Barcelona have received illegal state subsidies (you can find articles about this in 2016 regarding their guilt and subsequent articles in 2021 about court rulings forcing them pay it back) and both Man United and Barcelona are playing in the Europa League this season - one due to failing to qualify for the Champion's League, the other for failing to escape their group.

As more posters join the forum maybe the upcoming match between ManCity and RB Liepzig in the CL is high on the agenda,but be sure to watch for the oil money dripping out of their pockets.............We wouldn't want to miss that would we ?
    As i said about our game it's the same game for all teams 11 vs 11 depending who shows up
    and most of ours don't seem bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Last night had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Oil Money or Sports-washing.

It is still perfectly viable to critique Sports-washing practices within the appropriate context.

The loss to Real Madrid is NOT that context, thus nobody should use it as an explanation/excuse for what happened last night.

As an aside, on the three clubs you mentioned, both Real Madrid and Barcelona have received illegal state subsidies (you can find articles about this in 2016 regarding their guilt and subsequent articles in 2021 about court rulings forcing them pay it back) and both Man United and Barcelona are playing in the Europa League this season - one due to failing to qualify for the Champion's League, the other for failing to escape their group.
    Once again EXCUSES excuses excuses,seriously who gives a fuck about your sportswashing shyte.........Why not ask the 11 to fucking play to earn their pay ?

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Once again EXCUSES excuses excuses,seriously who gives a fuck about your sportswashing shyte.........Why not ask the 11 to fucking play to earn their pay ?
    I have literally just said that last night had nothing to do with Sports-washing.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I have literally just said that last night had nothing to do with Sports-washing.
    Sorry about that Sid i was actually answering several posts in one

Bottom line is we need to drop this pathetic excuse using oil money funded clubs as the reason we can't compete they have 11 players on the field same as all others.
    We have also outspent them in recent spending

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Sorry about that Sid i was actually answering several posts in one
    No worries.

You're hacked off after last night and rightly so.

I blame the facts several of our players are either finished or not good enough. You can have all the fight in the world. but if your piss you're piss
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century