Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The blame game

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I blame the facts several of our players are either finished or not good enough. You can have all the fight in the world. but if your piss you're piss
    I agree with you in a way BUT we wouldn't be in the position in the competition if we weren't in with a chance

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    I agree with you in a way BUT we wouldn't be in the position in the competition if we weren't in with a chance
    That was last season.. this is this season.. the players have gone. be it for many reasons. they cant seem to run anymore
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Playing without a midfield magnifies the problems at each end of the pitch. Even if (and that's a big if) we were to finish top 4 there is no way FSG would fork out the money for bellingham. Talk of such a transfer has always been fantasy to me and not rooted in reality. As you say that £120 million required to sign him would be much better spent on 3 x £40 million midfielders anyway.

Real Madrid and Barcelona don't have oil money but they do have the duopoly on the TV money which will always give them a huge leg up on the rest of the league
    It was Mbopp before bellingham.lol

Well after the absolute drubbing administered by Real Madrid,we can't blame OIL MONEY or anything to do with owners of ManCity or Newcastle but i'm sure that won't stop us in future discussions.
    What an absolute load of shyte for our failings we continuously resort to blaming oil money.11 players vs 11 players if i'm not mistaken....how about ours show up ?
    Hopefully Bellingham dosen't come to our club,he will be a wasted entity.We need maybe 3 midfield players of equal capabilities who can perform well together...instead .
    Where is Real Madrids oil money,or Barcelona's oil money or maybe Man Utd's oil money......Really guy's give the only reason for certain teams successes is OIL MONEY a fucking rest.Our excuse using this is well and truly over.
    How about we put an 11 on the pitch without crying with excuse after excuse after excuse.......How about our 11 earn their fucking living.???????
    I always thought Real were pretty much bankrolled by Spain as a country.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I always thought Real were pretty much bankrolled by Spain as a country.
    The club is owned by supporters not by any individual

OH NO !!!! LFC forum supporters have lost another avenue to blame for being competitive with other teams.
    Last edited by fagin; 22nd February 2023 at 11:33 AM.

Bottom line is we need to drop this pathetic excuse using oil money funded clubs as the reason we can't compete they have 11 players on the field same as all others.
    We have also outspent them in recent spending
    Who have we outspent?
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Who have we outspent?
    It's quite easy if you take the red blinkers off !!!

So no answer then? OK

Signing 1/2 players a season is not enough. you need 3 maybe 4. The problem is we had to give the likes of Gomez an extended contract.. because we are not allowed to buy any more defenders. we signed Konate and thats it.
    We are forced to keep Philips here . when we have been trying to sell him in the past 2 windows.
    Same reasons we have been unable to shift Oxlade. we wouldn't get the money in for him what was needed for a replacement so may as well keep him. Yet he hardly plays. BECAUSE? yes that's right hes not up to it

Again, we need real quality and more than 1 player a transfer window.. This is always about money.. I dont want us to pay out 600 million like Chelsea. But in the summer we do need at least 4 (in my opinion)
    2 centre midfielders another defender and maybe an attacking midfielder..

Some of the guys like ox, keita, Gomez, and now fabinho and henderson as so bad that even if they went for 10m, would the replacements at that price range really be worse?

We might get lucky, and at least the wage bill Drops.
    I mean, ox is like 2.5x the wage of Diaz.

Its a shame we are no longer shrewd in the market.