Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taking ownership…

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Klopp got everything so right so quickly.
    And has got 6+ years out of this group of players which is remarkable when most managers only get about 4 year cycles.

That's why this group of players have fallen dramatically because of the unusual longevity.
    Correct..

I agree that the core of this side have consistently delivered a level of performances and success over the past several years that we have all been in awe of, and we are all knowledgeable enough to understand that a drop off in performance was inevitable, unfortunately it is the massive level of drop off in performance right across the squad that has taken us all by surprise ….. any team can expect and probably cope with one or two players loss of form or fitness and new players struggling to settle with a new environment and language….

I just feel that all our players have all been talking the talk after every poor result but have failed miserably to walk the walk, and IMHO have consistently been hiding behind every excuse known to man, as mentioned previously, when in reality if every player this season had just played at a consistently good level ie 6-7/10, instead of 4-5/10, our season would have been so much better and we would probably still be in at least one cup competition and certainly in contention for the title..

Losing Mane was without doubt a big loss, as was losing Diaz and Jota to long term injuries so early on in the season certainly hasnt helped, along with key injuries to Konate and Van Dyk and our midfield.

However, that is still no excuse for the players who were fit and available to be unable to deliver the absolute basics of hard work, physicality, game control, technique and defensive nous when required….unfortunately all of these attributes have been sadly lacking all season… and its just not good enough.

I am sure just like the rest of us, Klopp and his coaching staff must be to a man all pulling their bloody hair out at what they are having to witness virtually every week, its that bad its started to become funny 🙄🙄.

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    I am sure just like the rest of us, Klopp and his coaching staff must be to a man all pulling their bloody hair out at what they are having to witness virtually every week, its that bad its started to become funny ����.
    They made this mess tinkering with, disregarding and dispensing with elements of our play that were essential, everything we have been experiencing this season was becoming increasingly evident from Fabinho coming back in on no merit whatsoever in 19-20

Jurgen apparently thought persisting with Elliott at the expense of what Mo and Trent had given us consistently was absolutely fine, despite the entire, usually clueless world of punditry, BBC, Sky and BT Sport all pointing out in detail, with footage exactly what I continually said about him inhibiting the play on our right and getting in the space of Mo and Trent, what a difference we've seen in both players since Jurgen belatedly removed Elliott from RCM, chalk and cheese

Last season the overplaying really started to take over, players started coming short instead of making runs in behind, the long diagonals and balls down the line from Virgil were completely gone, Thiago demanding the ball off him persistently and with no runs in behind for him to hit, same with Trent in far too many games

We struggled to create chances in a great many games and were giving chances away on the counter through teams successfully pressing and counter pressing us as we were playing in front of almost every team instead of making our runs in behind

The players didn't do that, Jurgen and hias staff did it

The hope is that in the last 3 games Jurgen has used our forwards and full backs to how they play at their best, sadly making horrendous selection clangers at RCB and No6 in the game v Real though
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”