Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910

Thread: Other games 25_02

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Take your word for it.

I work solo so don't really have to endure workplace tribal "banter" anymore, but can certainly imagine what some of the worst Mancs I used to know would be saying.

I lost a Man United following friend in the Pandemic actually. He was one of my closest buddies for about 19-20 years and he was incredibly respectful when it comes to Liverpool and to footballing conversation in general so I loved our chats. If all their fans were half as nice as him the rivalry would be much more pleasant.

He'd be made up with today's result. I'd have been pleased to see his face at the full-time whistle despite my own personal feelings on their club and vast majority of their fanbase.

Some things are bigger.
    I lost a really genuine united supporting mate myself just before Christmas. He was a great lad. Family man. Electrician like myself. Had dizzy spells in work in October 2019. Diagnosed with brain tumours early 2020. Gone by November 2022. 2 kids and a wife. His last 2 years were utter torture. I’d give up our success to have seen him have more years. He have enjoyed them getting back to winning today. It’s a game at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I lost a really genuine united supporting mate myself just before Christmas. He was a great lad. Family man. Electrician like myself. Had dizzy spells in work in October 2019. Diagnosed with brain tumours early 2020. Gone by November 2022. 2 kids and a wife. His last 2 years were utter torture. I’d give up our success to have seen him have more years. He have enjoyed them getting back to winning today. It’s a game at the end of the day.
    Good lord that's awful. I hate hearing stuff like that. So young and with kids who are young too I'd guess? Really sad.
    Football is nothing at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Really sorry for the loss eggy. These things are so sobering.

PMs are always open if of any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Potter has no idea
    29.4% win record at Chelsea - the worst rate of any Chelsea Manager in the Premier League era.

As an aside, 15 Managers in the last 19 years.

Also as a further aside -

@WhoScored
    No player in Europe's Top 5 Leagues is being dribbled past more times per game (3) than Enzo Fernandez, since his move to Chelsea.

Barca are currently beating Real 1-0 in Madrid. Its on bt sport.