Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Other games 25_02

Barca let real cunts back in it, by not being able to the beat mighty Almeria

losing 1-0 with 1 min to go
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    It's been 287 days, 23 hours and 10 minutes since we last won a Cup, never mind participating in a Final.

We'll get there again.
    No doubt about it, but if we were in the Carabao cup final would we all be dissing it as the ‘Mickey Mouse Cup’

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    No doubt about it, but if we were in the Carabao cup final would we all be dissing it as the ‘Mickey Mouse Cup’
    It'd probably be the same as ever - if someone else is contesting it, it's "Mickey Mouse" and it's "low priority" at the start of the season, with "I want to win it" once we reach the semi-finals.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

this is such a painful season!

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    To be fair I haven't seen anyone on here dissing it as the Mickey Mouse Cup lately. It is a trophy, not a very lucrative one but it can be a springboard to creating a winning mentality. Although for a few seasons it seemed to be a curse and the winner's form fell off a cliff...

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    It'd probably be the same as ever - if someone else is contesting it, it's "Mickey Mouse" and it's "low priority" at the start of the season, with "I want to win it" once we reach the semi-finals.
    Nope. Everyone else would be. A fact the all my united supporting mates have been made well aware of this evening. Fuck them the twats. They slag us for the this means more slogan, which in all fairness was cringy. But my god they’ve ran with it today.
    Last edited by eggy81; 26th February 2023 at 09:46 PM.

The old Worthless Cup…!

Well, it’s a trophy and nice to win, but it’s (supposedly) the trophy almost anyone can win, yet it’s been a Manchester owned one for 8 out the last 10 seasons. City x6 and United x2.

It's forgotten within a few days, but sadly they look certain to have eclipsed us in 2 out of the last 3 seasons, despite us have having a world beating squad, the best manager on the planet and such fantastic owners..

Last season looking more and more like an outlier

Brendan Rodgers has won a league Cup, they need a reality check them lot.

to be fair first trophy in 6 years...... let em be.. they've been a small club of late!
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Nope. Everyone else would be. A fact the all my united supporting mates have been made well aware of this evening. Fuck them the twats. They slag us for the this means more slogan, which in all fairness was cringy. But my god they’ve ran with it today.
    Take your word for it.

I work solo so don't really have to endure workplace tribal "banter" anymore, but can certainly imagine what some of the worst Mancs I used to know would be saying.

I lost a Man United following friend in the Pandemic actually. He was one of my closest buddies for about 19-20 years and he was incredibly respectful when it comes to Liverpool and to footballing conversation in general so I loved our chats. If all their fans were half as nice as him the rivalry would be much more pleasant.

He'd be made up with today's result. I'd have been pleased to see his face at the full-time whistle despite my own personal feelings on their club and vast majority of their fanbase.

Some things are bigger.