Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Little Arty M played yesterday against Leicester U21s. Doak scored 2 and created 3.
    Again, if Doak is exciting as we all hope/think why was Gakpo brought in? 6 forwards for 3 positions with the likes of Carvalho, Elliott, Jones and Doak all capable of playing wide.

We've all moaned about the lack of investment, but if you look at it we've spent plenty of money since winning the league, I just don't think we've built the squad in the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Again, if Doak is exciting as we all hope/think why was Gakpo brought in? 6 forwards for 3 positions with the likes of Carvalho, Elliott, Jones and Doak all capable of playing wide.

We've all moaned about the lack of investment, but if you look at it we've spent plenty of money since winning the league, I just don't think we've built the squad in the right way.
    Squad management has been absolutely evertonesque

None of them are good enough for a top 4 team..... yet..

Elliot jones I don't see them as wide players.. not in this system we have anyway, need more pace and ability

Who knows about carvalho

Gakpo probably here to replace firmino eventually, the right hand side i'm worried about in future, salah already needs some competition.... but there is noone anywhere near good enough that side of the pitch. too many on the left cutting in, but not the right..
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Not sure. Gakpo was like Diaz, a long term target I heard Klopp say in an interview.
    The amount of attackers we've brought in has been ridiculous really and it is true about the money. It's been badly allocated and spent.
    Carvalho must have pissed him off.

Hmmm Doak… not as blown away with him as some. If you watch him play his game is a bit limited. It works against other kids but he’ll need to develop considerably to make it at Premier League level.

Again, if Doak is exciting as we all hope/think why was Gakpo brought in?
    I've suggested in a couple of other threads (no presumption that I am right!) that we perhaps brought Gakpo in with the hope that his pressing would be a percentage gain towards helping us win it higher up the pitch and that his goals would also help too - simultaneously getting him settled into the side in anticipation of next season.

He was scoring for fun in Eredivisie so I could envisage someone thinking that by adding him to a group of Firmino/Salah/Jota/Diaz/Núñez (I know Diaz was out) that we could probably outscore many of our opponents (those we expect to finish 7th or lower let's say) more often than not and thus finish in the Champion's League spots.

Champion's League "races" are nothing like title races - sloppy affairs with many points dropped. We could potentially still do it despite being largely awful this season, which says a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Hmmm Doak… not as blown away with him as some. If you watch him play his game is a bit limited. It works against other kids but he’ll need to develop considerably to make it at Premier League level.
    He’s lively and fearless which looks great in a poor side. Gonna need to develop a final ball and link up play though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    i'm worried about in future, salah already needs some competition.... but there is noone anywhere near good enough that side of the pitch
    Nunez can be a fantastic player for us in all 3 forward positions, make no mistake about it, I think we'll see Nunez get opportunities on the right when Diaz is back too

Gives us the pace in behind, gives us the Kuyt ball option too, gives us a player making an outside in run from the right for crosses from Robbo or Tsimikas which is an entirely new dimension teams aren't used to us having or using, is very good and running by full backs and picking players out from the right as he picks Mo out from the left

If Diaz is fit for the game v the filthy I might even advocate Nunez at RFWD against Shaw and their midget ahead of starting Mo, I have incredible confidence coached right that Nunez can be an absolutely incredible player for us in all 3 forward positions and be incredible on the right, offering us things Mo never has and never could
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Bear with me here, but I could be, 'could be' tempted by

Alisson

Gomez Matip Van Dijk Robbo

Trent Henderson Bajcetic

Salah Wagbo Nunez

I am usually strongly against this moving full backs into midfield crap, but having though more about it, in the past it has been common place because they were converted wingers and their skills were about dribbling and going past players with the ball, which they were only able to do because they arrived in space from deeper unmarked

Trent however is not this type of player, Trent is a baller, he spends most of his time and has been heavily involved in the press and counter press in that area of the pitch for a few seasons, frequently assuming the pressing and counter pressing position of the RCM with them sitting deeper covering his foray forward, he can play switches and look to play in or release any of the 3 forwards from that position too, Hendo is the ideal leader and reader of the game to direct and help Trent, Bajcetic and Nunez in the press and counter press, legs either side of him

Worth a shot for me
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Probably the only thing I agree with 19x on is that Nunez will come good. He's been unfortunate/unlucky, (similar to gakpo) in this shitass team with a geriatric and talentless midfield and a defence who thought they were world Class but suddenly can't cope when the midfield can't run so much for them.