Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Bear with me here, but I could be, 'could be' tempted by

Alisson

Gomez Matip Van Dijk Robbo

Trent Henderson Bajcetic

Salah Wagbo Nunez
    I've always liked the idea of trying new things now and then and funnily enough the above sort of experiment in a "why not try it for one match?" basis is something I have thought about a few times myself.

Same with having one game (just one, just to see) where Tsimikas and Robertson BOTH play to make up our left side or indeed having one game with Tsimikas left-back, Robertson right-back etc

Run the risk of the change upsetting our balance but I like opposition sides having something new to think about.

That lineup is intriguing.

I would swap Trent for almost anyone at
    RB right now, he seems totally uninterested in the primary part of the game his role demands… namely defending - right now at least.

And we know Gomez is no slouch in there.

Also I think it would prove conclusively to those who keep wanting to see Trent in the midfield, just how poorly equipped he is for that role.

Worth the try tbf as it would be bloody great if he could do it. Would solve a big problem and get him into a more dangerous area without risking the gaping holes he leaves at RB.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    That lineup is intriguing.

I would swap Trent for almost anyone at
    RB right now, he seems totally uninterested in the primary part of the game his role demands… namely defending - right now at least.

And we know Gomez is no slouch in there.

Also I think it would prove conclusively to those who keep wanting to see Trent in the midfield, just how poorly equipped he is for that role.

Worth the try tbf as it would be bloody great if he could do it. Would solve a big problem and get him into a more dangerous area without risking the gaping holes he leaves at RB.
    Whilst i think Gomez is a disaster at CB as he doesn't possess the skills set, decisions making, mind set or bravery and front footed defending ability of Matip or Konate, I think he can offer us real solidity at RB, it makes us stronger defensively, because Konate and or Matip are used to having to defend for Trent anyway, and with Hendo at No6, we know we'll have a player who will drop back in and help his defence out rather than be casually jogging back having been the one to allow our press to be broken

I don't see why we shouldn't try this for the Wolves game, in theory Gomez can help regain some confidence by helping us be more compact defensively and Trent can help us be far more creative and give better service to our forwards from midfield.

I think we'll be far more solid with Hendo at No6 and Bajcetic at LCM also
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Never thought I’d say it but our midfield is so weak and Trent is so poor at RB, maybe Gomez to RB and Trent at RM might be worth a try for a few games.

Same team that stuffed Everton and Newcastle please.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Never thought I’d say it but our midfield is so weak and Trent is so poor at RB, maybe Gomez to RB and Trent at RM might be worth a try for a few games.
    I never thought I'd say it either, worth a shot with how things are right now, we're essentially playing 2 more defensive midfielders to support Trent making continual lung busting runs to try and create, so why not play a more out and out defender at RB to help the defence and Trent, who has far more artillery at his disposal to create or score than Keita, Milner, Jones or Elliott as a more attacking RCM

Alisson

Gomez Matip Van Dijk Robbo

Trent Henderson Bajcetic

Salah Firmino Wagbo

Wagbo at LFWD for me if Nunez doesn't make it, interested to see how Wagbo and Bobby will combine, Wagbo needs to be under instruction to keep the width and make runs in behind instead of continually coming short though, but he is known for being a strong header of the ball and with Trent always in position to cross the ball, the Mane trademark outside in run to attack crosses from Trent on our right seems something that's definitely in Wagbo's locker

Wagbo needs to work on his pace off the mark, luckily, it is something I think is easier to improve than overall speed and he's pretty damned quick when he gets going

Alisson

Gomez Matip VVD Robbo

Bajcetic Henderson

Salah Gakpo Firmino Darwin

If a 3rd midfielder , I suppose Milner .

No keita no oxlade no Fabinho

424 , firmino false 9.

The 433 without a midfield 3 is done this season.

If anyone, I'd promote Bobby Clark .

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Good God no. There has to be a better midfield we can play than that
    But is there ?

Are you already in next season ?

Morton Bajcetic Clark .

Or

Nunes Bellingham Mount

Should be looking at

Bellingham Fernandez Gravenberch

Had our fabled scouting and recruitment teams not fucked up so disastrously failing to snap up our Hendo of 19-20 upgrade and successor the player we needed far more than we ever needed the hapless Thiago or Fab, Enzo Fernandez for 9m

Given our pressing and counter pressing game how he reads it and positions himself and his passing ability to far more what we need in terms of high quality passes to release our forwards and full backs, fins them in isolation and play the highest quality switches to either side he is light years ahead of Thiago in terms of possessing best in class passing of the kind most beneficial to this team and their failure to sign him was an absolute disaster, on a scale that should see each and every one of them sacked and our transfer committee system ditched if that played a part