Page 1 of 23 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Wolves

Match Thread: Liverpool v Wolves

What sort of crack is Jurgen smoking with that midfield?? Two kids, one never ever been a midfielder and a hopelessly out of form Fabinho.
    Trent’s “focussed” defending “assisted” by stalwart Harvey Elliott.
    What a state.

Liverpool XI to face Wolves.

1 Alisson

66 Alexander-Arnold
    5 Konaté
    4 van Dijk
    21 Tsimikas

19 Elliott
    3 Fabinho
    43 Bajcetic

11 Salah
    27 Núñez
    20 Jota

Substitutes:
    7 Milner
    9 Firmino
    14 Henderson
    15 Oxlade-Chamberlain
    18 Gakpo
    26 Robertson
    28 Carvalho
    32 Matip
    62 Kelleher

Our only hope will be to either win a high scoring game or their finishing deserts them.
    "I am the Normal One."

Yes I think only hope is that we score a few and that the bench has some firepower on , the only thing that could make that midfield worse is keita for bajetic because it’s nearly as bad as you can get

I have absolutely zero expectation of our lads getting any points whatsoever out of this one with the midfield Jurgen has picked, I only hope Trent and Virgil can bypass the midfield and find our forwards with long balls over the top and diagonals and they all have their shooting boots on

Alisson

Trent Konate Van Dijk Tsimikas

Elliott Fabinho Bajcetic

Salah Jota Nunez
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Henderson Ox and Milner would have looked better than that.
    Elliott??? What does Klopp see when he plays in midfield? He was awful again when he came on at Palace.

We might get a surprise but I'm not banking on it. That looks an absolute kamikaze midfield. If it's not working I hope he sees the sense to change it early.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    We might get a surprise but I'm not banking on it. That looks an absolute kamikaze midfield. If it's not working I hope he sees the sense to change it early.
    He's lost the plot entirely, fabinho's performance v Real was absolutely criminal, as was his sub performance v Palace, same goes for Elliott. Keita was absolute garbage v Wolves, but started v Palace

He's gone full on random scatter gun lost the plot hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Henderson Ox and Milner would have looked better than that.
    Elliott??? What does Klopp see when he plays in midfield? He was awful again when he came on at Palace.
    Milner Henderson Bajcetic was our best available, Bajcetic is a young lad, it is doing him absolutely no favours whatsoever keeping fielding him alongside no hoper Fabinho, a huge part of our issues has been our press and counter press having gone to absolute shit, so we start the midfielder who is THE most guilty, moreso than all our other players combined of letting our press get broken, what the actual FUCK! ! !

That midfield is utter insanity. Has poor Jurgen cracked? Why fab? Why Elliott? Why no Keita on the bench?

Our midfield in general is just awful and no funds to fix it either. If we get anything from this it'll be by riding our luck.

I wonder if in training they look far better or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Gurthers View Post
    That midfield is utter insanity. Has poor Jurgen cracked? Why fab? Why Elliott? Why no Keita on the bench?

Our midfield in general is just awful and no funds to fix it either. If we get anything from this it'll be by riding our luck.

I wonder if in training they look far better or something?
    We don't seem to do proper coached training, they mostly do Rondos, head tennis and small sided games, none of which could give a manager any idication whatsoever of how well they will perform in an 11 v 11 game in which they're expected to play a pressing and counter pressing game

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We don't seem to do proper coached training, they mostly do Rondos, head tennis and small sided games, none of which could give a manager any idication whatsoever of how well they will perform in an 11 v 11 game in which they're expected to play a pressing and counter pressing game
    Surely they must do elements of it 19, they can’t just do little games they must do some stuff in a full set up of 11 just to drill stuff and to get the spacial awareness that would need in game ??