Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Real Madrid v Liverpool

Question for you Steveo, see if you can answer it honestly

Are the stats and overall play from that Bayern v Liverpool game as you recall it, in which we bummed them, despite you thinking overall they were the better side, not remarkably, eerily and uncomfortably similar to the stats and outcome in far too many of our games we've lost or drawn this season employing Thiago as a designated playmaker as Bayern did, while the other team looked to press us, make runs in behind and counter as we did against Bayern?
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Question for you Steveo, see if you can answer it honestly

Are the stats and overall play from that Bayern v Liverpool game as you recall it, in which we bummed them, despite you thinking overall they were the better side, not remarkably, eerily and uncomfortably similar to the stats and outcome in far too many of our games we've lost or drawn this season employing Thiago as a designated playmaker as Bayern did, while the other team looked to press us, make runs in behind and counter as we did against Bayern?
    I thought they controlled the play. We had some great chances and they were off colour in front of goal.

That’s the game I saw. I might have been overly concerned as it was a game of great magnitude for us. But that what I recall.

Now - do you want to tell me what you think I saw? Or can you actually accept that people have differing opinions to yours?

Oh and 19. You know the year we won the title? The year we got beaten home and away by Atletico…(must be Fabinho’s fault) Well that same year Bayern and Thiago won the Champions League.

BTW he played in 10 of their 11 wins in the competition.

Does that remind you of anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I thought they controlled the play. We had some great chances and they were off colour in front of goal.

That’s the game I saw. I might have been overly concerned as it was a game of great magnitude for us. But that what I recall.

Now - do you want to tell me what you think I saw? Or can you actually accept that people have differing opinions to yours?
    I'm know what you saw, the lense through which you view football games and the importance you put on certain things and the disregard and disdain with which you treat other aspects of the game are abundantly clear thank you very much, all fur coat and no knickers is a reference to style over substance btw, I think it is applicable to people other than Thiago

That's how you view the game and you are completely entitled to do so, but it isn't wise to try and argue against the stats facts and the substance of what happened in those games and too many teams this season having done to us with Thiago as a designated playmaker, what we did to Bayern with him as theirs, in the way we did it

Oh and 19. You know the year we won the title? The year we got beaten home and away by Atletico…(must be Fabinho’s fault) Well that same year Bayern and Thiago won the Champions League.
    Yes because Jurgen got us knocked out of it taking the team backwards bringing Fab back in, I know that already

And the stats say Thiago has been our best performing mid since he arrived here. In fact our best form has been when he has played with Fab. Which might prove a problem for you,

As I have repeatedly showed you. An amazing 35 games and 95 points. 10 games without Virgil or the Captain. Playing Kabak and Rhys Williams and Phillips.

I cannot fathom why you simply cannot bring yourself to admit that it is incredible.

Thiago has been out injured for a while.. yet you keep bringing him up. Religiously. It’s clearly an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Yes because Jurgen got us knocked out of it taking the team backwards bringing Fab back in, I know that already
    But strangely we were at 0:0 away in Munich until a few minutes after Fabinho had replaced Hendo - and went on to win 3:1.

So… Fabinho is the right man v ze Germanz but the wrong man v the Spaniards?

… Full Moon Fever. A blast from the past. It has a track on it: and you are going to have to come to terms with it.

Now for an education on this game.

The conductor - the Maestro.

And the stats say Thiago has been our best performing mid since he arrived here.
    The stats say the style over substance player brought in to give us greater midfielder creativity has just 2 goals and 4 assists and no passes before the assist any can recollect

Over the same period of time despite suffering a lengthy abductor injury our captain, who Thiago was bought to offer more creativity than has managed 3 goals and 7 assists and numerous passes before the assist

In Wijnaldums first 3 seasons he managed 10 goals and 11 assists

You can surely see how this is an issue, the 2 players Fab and Thiago were supposed to replace having outperforming them consistently and considerably

Just stop taking for a bit and watch what Modric does to Captain fantastic. He ruins him. And in so doing it ruins us. At home. Hung, drawn and quartered.

That’s why he couldn’t play for longer v Bournemouth or tonight.

Luka is 37!!!

Thiago is the right type of player. He was just bought too old. And even then - he would be fine IF we had actually got him more quality to work with.