Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Champions League quarter finals

Wow,,breakaway goal Milan 2 nil up overall. Napoli must be gutted Milan going to sit in now like 1970s cattenaccio

Chelsea with a great chance to pull one back and Courtois is at it again with a top save
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

It shows the difference when teams play sides from their own league, we bummed AC Milan easily home and away last season

Madrid not home and hosed quite yet here. They’re not really all that. Sheer naivety killed us against them at home

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Madrid not home and hosed quite yet here. They’re not really all that. Sheer naivety killed us against them at home
    Gomez killed us, all five goals, first one no challenge from him the camera even cut to Jurgen putting fist to hand mouthing challenge

Second aided and abetted by major league fuck ups from Fab and Bajcetic in combination to present the ball to Valverde to play in behind Gomez with Vinicius reading his pass back and that giving Alisson little hope of clearing

Third With Jurgen's ire likely stil ringing in his ears from HT about him not having made a challenge for Real's first, he makes a stupid foul to gift them a free kick early second half, they score from

Fourth Deflects a weaks as piss Benzema effort Alisson has well covered past Alisson by needlessly flashing a leg at it

Fifth AGAIN aided and abetted by Fab and Bajceitc, both allowing 5'6" Modric to run straight through them like they weren't even there, Gomez bizarrely first runs in front of Alisson then behind him leaving Benzema lots of the goal to aim at, it's just so bizarre, when he sees Alisson coming, he just needs to stand up to his right

Goes to show you can't carry players like Gomez in a squad with Champions League aspirations in case you then have to rely on them in a game of such magnitude against top opposition

Still can't believe anyone would try and suggest anything other than we absolutely threw away a golden start in that tie through a Gomez meltdown, aided and abetted by Fab and Bajcetic twice, we just gave them all 5 goals

Gomez does shit like that all the time, when I checked the 2-1 home defeat to Leeds earlier, he gifts the man opener in that too playing a backpass blind, Aston Villa, Atletico, TWICE, there are loads of them

Edit: I still think it was absolutely scandalous Jurgen started Gomez ahead of Matip who was fit, I kicked off major league in 19-20 that he hadn't got Matip match fit and was starting Gomez v Atletico and he fucked up in both legs, then several fuck ups later, he repeats the same mistake starting him v Real, absolutely unreal
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 18th April 2023 at 09:22 PM.

Come the FUCK on Napoli, need 2 here for my Super 6

Booooooooooooom get the fucking FUCK in 1-0 Real, let that be the end to the scoring as I have Real 1-0 in my Super 6

Hope mount is a bit better then Gallagher as a midfielder if we are going for him

Man Chelsea are so poor at attacking

Break the bank for Reece James moving taa into midfield.