Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mané

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Loved it tees, particularly the Met, the Moma, the Narural History Museum, Central Park, the Chrysler, ferries on the Hudson, the views of the Manhattan skyline from our daughter’s apartment balcony in Hoboken across the river. Early evening drinks in Bryant Park in 30 degrees, Empire State, oh and Time square on Saturday evening (though won’t bother with that one again).

The food was also a very pleasant surprise, not one bad meal all week though that was probably down to my daughter having lived there for four years.

Well you did ask…..
    Sounds shite.

Lucky bugger !!

So miller.. Question is - did you get the ferry across to Manhattan or the metro?

My sister lived for years in Paulus Hook. Just a walk south along the water from Hoboken and only across the water from Wall Street. Better than staying on the Island imo. Being a tad claustrophobic and having spent so much of my life on the London underground, I used the ferry to cross the Hudson. It’s some view and some city. Well worth the extra.

Could be a newcastle statement signing, like that of Robinho for man city..

hopefully works out the same.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Could be a newcastle statement signing, like that of Robinho for man city..

hopefully works out the same.
    He thought he had joined Chelsea and made that gaff during the press conference
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    So miller.. Question is - did you get the ferry across to Manhattan or the metro?

My sister lived for years in Paulus Hook. Just a walk south along the water from Hoboken and only across the water from Wall Street. Better than staying on the Island imo. Being a tad claustrophobic and having spent so much of my life on the London underground, I used the ferry to cross the Hudson. It’s some view and some city. Well worth the extra.

Ferry every time Steveo, $9 including a free bus ride as far as 57th street, near Central Park.

Most evenings were spent in Hoboken, which has a great variety of bars and restaurants

Ferry every time Steveo, $9 including a free bus ride as far as 57th street, near Central Park.

Most evenings were spent in Hoboken, which has a great variety of bars and restaurants
    Lucky Sod

I am indeed mate, very enjoyable if rather expensive week.

I am indeed mate, very enjoyable if rather expensive week.
    Did you go to the Bronx and to see the Duke Ellington memorial?

Mind you, the way most major cities have developed over the last 20 years, the Bronx is probably quite nice now, when I went there in 2000 in a diner for breakfast, I looked up and noticed a bullet hole in the window It's probably all gluten fre vegan posh sandwich shops or something now, I preferred it as it was
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Good man - you know how to do it properly. It’s an experience in itself that boat ride. Never leaves you. Unrivalled views of Manhattan. Sinatra’s manor Hoboken. Something special about being just across the water. you get a different perspective on the big Apple.

You do mate, an experience well worth repeating at some stage.