Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mané

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Did you go to the Bronx and to see the Duke Ellington memorial?

Mind you, the way most major cities have developed over the last 20 years, the Bronx is probably quite nice now, when I went there in 2000 in a diner for breakfast, I looked up and noticed a bullet hole in the window It's probably all gluten fre vegan posh sandwich shops or something now, I preferred it as it was
    No didn’t get the the Bronx or Brooklyn, still quite a few reasons to go back.

Walked down the front to Sinatra’s statue Steveo, a touch on the small side imo.

New York is definitely on my bucket list. Though with my back sitting on the long flights kill me as I'm getting older !!

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Walked down the front to Sinatra’s statue Steveo, a touch on the small side imo.
    Nice. Not Lady liberty scale for sure. It looks cool right by the water. Think it’s pretty new wasn’t there when I was last... Old Blue eyes eh. Imagine the stories he could tell

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    New York is definitely on my bucket list. Though with my back sitting on the long flights kill me as I'm getting older !!
    Ditto. Never been to the States but so many places I'd like to visit. The long flight would kill me, not the sitting but the sheer fear of being in the air that long.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Ditto. Never been to the States but so many places I'd like to visit. The long flight would kill me, not the sitting but the sheer fear of being in the air that long.
    We done Orlando about 15 years ago and I wasn't too bad, but we did Mexico about 5 years ago and I couldn't sit for too long, I had to get up and walk about. At one point the people at the back started clapping as they thought I was on a sponsored walk !! (That never happened) but if they did I wouldn't be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    We done Orlando about 15 years ago and I wasn't too bad, but we did Mexico about 5 years ago and I couldn't sit for too long, I had to get up and walk about. At one point the people at the back started clapping as they thought I was on a sponsored walk !! (That never happened) but if they did I wouldn't be surprised.
    Haha, I'd imagine you weren't the only one? Have you got bad circulation? Or just irritability?
    I never used to mind flying at all but since I had kids my fear of it has got worse and worse to the point where it terrifies me. Belfast the other week was ok, only in the air 25 mins and we were descending.

I too have a fear of flying,more because of the turbulence than the length of flight.
    Next Wednesday i will be making the trip to the UK to visit sister and mother was there last September.
    I have to take a 1hr20min flight to Vancouver Intl airport for a 9hr30min flight to Heathrow then a 1hr05min flight north.Over the years i have found that by paying extra for premium seating on the long flight it relieves alot of the anxiety, being in a smaller cabin area with only approx 40 wider single seats.Maybe an idea for those on here who have back issues or fear of times of flights,as long as you can justify the extra cost i guess.

I love flying, used to fly loads when touring, haven't done so for far too long
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Opened the scoring for Bayern in a 3-1 defeat to Mainz today, God Tuchel is a shit manager he really is, spawny as fuck to win the Champions League, inherited a top top squad, even Di Matteo managed it that way, Fat Frank was never going to
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”